How long does it take to send P45

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) My hubby resigned from his job on 29th Feb, sent his letter off that day so would have had it at head office by the monday. Now its 20 March and no P45 sent and not even a letter to acknowledge his resignation. Is this normal? Do they have to acknowledge it in writing? He was monthly paid so does this make a difference. Giving the nature of the company I wouldn't be surprised if they paid him his wages at end of month, bunch of muppets. Any help greatfully received. thanks:D

Quite a few companies will send the P45 at the same time as the final wages, and nothing much you can do about it. Likewise with wages, most of them tend to pay at the normal pay time instead of when the employee actually leaves.

The fact they haven't acknowledged his resignation is more of a worry, why doesn't he contact HR to make sure they got the letter?

:) Hiya, thanks, he won't be due any wages as he didn't work his weeks notice as started new job on the following monday. i will have to phone them as he not got access to phone during the day for the length of time it takes to get through to the morons most of the time. Probly won't tell me anything but can at least try maybe they will get finger out and send a letter to him.

Is there any way he can get around the P45 thing. he has worked for this new company for three weeks now and being taxed although the code seems right. Will not having his P45 from them effect his P60 or does that come direct from the IR. Only coming up to that Child Tax credit time soon and i like to have all docs in place.

Nope. As far as I am aware, there is no obligation on the company to send him his P45 within a particular timeframe. I had the same thing happen to my daughter and no matter what we tried, they just wouldn't budge and sent her a P45 on payday and not before. As for the P60, it shouldn't make a huge difference to his final numbers, and you can always notify TC later on if the figures end up too far out or you might want to wait until his new salary has been adjusted to the correct tax code or they might end up awarding you too much and you'd end up with an overpayment.

:o Well what do you know just phoned HR and they said they don't normally write to acknowledge; that fair enough but she recognised my hubby's name cos there was an overtime payment went through but doesn't remember a leaving form and as far as their system goes he is still showing up as live. Now he does say he can multi task but that beyond a joke, o well see what the end of the month brings ££££ weehee:D

Honestly you would think that a company the size it is could get things right. Just to be on the safe side he actually sent two copies of his resignation letter - one to HR and one to the dept that deals with their weekly timesheets etc. you would have thought that someone could do their job right. I mean if they have him down as still working when he is not will really mess up his earnings for tax.

They getting back to me once they investigate. Poor soul who took over his job probly won't get paid at end of month.

mad I shouldn't make too much of a fuss because he left without giving or working his contractual notice they could under Common Law demand compensation from him if they can prove his sudden & permanent absence cost them additional monies.

If he explains the circumstances to his new employer he will be given a form to fill in which will be sent to the tax office, but he should be prepared to pay the higher rate of emergency tax until it's sorted.

On the other-hand he may wish to initiate matters himself by contacting the tax office & asking their advice

It just typical of the way the company operates, too many fingers in too many pies just one of the reasons that hubby left in first place, sick of being an employee number and not a real person.

He actually put his supervisor in touch with someone who wanted the job and was interviewed the same day my hubby handed in his notice, with my hubby present at interview to explain the ins and outs of the job and he was offered the position the next day, so they can't claim that from him.

Not phoned me back yet so wait and see what they say then.:)

Update- phoned the HR dept again and was told that even if my hubby had posted a letter of resignation to them they wouldn't just take this on face value cos they get lots of letters and sometimes people change their minds. :eek: They need to receive a leavers form from his line manager and then they can process - his line manager was with my hubby on his last day which was 29th feb and to date HR haven't received anything. (This is the same line manager who didn't complete a back to work interview with my hubby at end of Jan and messed uphis wages then). So as far as they are concerned he is live on their system. It is pay day on Friday and just wondering what will appear in our bank account. If they do send a payment and then demand it back where would he stand given that he wrote to tell them he was leaving and I have phoned twice to tell them he no longer works for them, and his line manager is obviously incompetent.

He would have to give the money back or risk proscecution, one place I worked (a charity) notoriously kept paying people after they left, in one case someone who was sacked was still receiving his salary a year later...

Because this was a charity they would request the money back but never took it any further due to the risk of poor publicity, as they had actually calculated how much they lost in donations for every single word of bad publicity.

I would guess most employers don't give up so easily. :)

However I would think there was room for negotiation over how it would be paid back.

He would have to give the money back or risk proscecution, one place I worked (a charity) notoriously kept paying people after they left, in one case someone who was sacked was still receiving his salary a year later...

Because this was a charity they would request the money back but never took it any further due to the risk of poor publicity, as they had actually calculated how much they lost in donations for every single word of bad publicity.

I would guess most employers don't give up so easily. :)

However I would think there was room for negotiation over how it would be paid back.

Even though he's repeatedly tried to tell them & the firm refuse to accept it & consider he's still employed then any payments cannot be recovered easily.

In fact they may not be able to recover anything at all particularly if their actions have had the effect of restricting the OP's ability to trade