Don't know if I had PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, having felt a bit empty since settling all my bank charge claims I've now decided to start the fight against PPI to fill the gap :p I'm after some inspiration.

I've had a stream of credit agreements from around 2001 onwards, I would say in the region of 6-7 loans and around 5-6 credit cards possibly more. My problem is that previously when I settled things I chucked out the documents so I've no idead whether I had PPI on them although I can definitely rule out some of the more recent ones as I have started keeping more paperwork.

One account I know I had PPI on was my RBS bank account. I used to pay (unbeknown to me) overdraft protection (or loanguard as they call it) until I realised and cancelled it. I definitely didn't agree to paying this so this is my first one to target.

Problem is, I have no idea with the others. The first step with all of these is going to be SARs as I have no documentation but I'm loathed to spend 100-150 quid on SARs only to find that I didn't have any insurance. Anyone have any suggestions?

Note, all agreements are settled now.

Cheers in advance.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Bump.

Any suggestions?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi all, having felt a bit empty since settling all my bank charge claims I've now decided to start the fight against PPI to fill the gap :p I'm after some inspiration.

I've had a stream of credit agreements from around 2001 onwards, I would say in the region of 6-7 loans and around 5-6 credit cards possibly more. My problem is that previously when I settled things I chucked out the documents so I've no idea whether I had PPI on them although I can definitely rule out some of the more recent ones as I have started keeping more paperwork.

One account I know I had PPI on was my RBS bank account. I used to pay (unbeknown to me) overdraft protection (or loanguard as they call it) until I realised and cancelled it. I definitely didn't agree to paying this so this is my first one to target.

Problem is, I have no idea with the others. The first step with all of these is going to be SARs as I have no documentation but I'm loathed to spend 100-150 quid on SARs only to find that I didn't have any insurance. Anyone have any suggestions?

Note, all agreements are settled now.

Cheers in advance.

Hello Taff,

You could always just write to them and ask the basic question, did you or did you not have ppi on the accounts.

Problem there would be, is that they could just ignore your letters:mad: If you did sent them a SAR they would have to comply by law. There may be a problem with the loans/credit cards taken out before 2002 as they may not have any information as the accounts were settled

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Cheers for answer, this is the only concern I have (ignoring me). Think I'm going to go after my overdraft protection first which I've got the statements for from bank charges.

With the others, I've had a thought....I'm just going to send the letter initially and see who asks for the money. Most likely they all will, but you never know.

Think the agreements taken out prior to 2002 were settled post 2002 so the documents should still be available I think :confused: all these agreements are on my credit file so are have all been settled less than 6 years ago...

Cheers for answer, this is the only concern I have (ignoring me). Think I'm going to go after my overdraft protection first which I've got the statements for from bank charges.

With the others, I've had a thought....I'm just going to send the letter initially and see who asks for the money. Most likely they all will, but you never know.

Think the agreements taken out prior to 2002 were settled post 2002 so the documents should still be available I think :confused: all these agreements are on my credit file so are have all been settled less than 6 years ago...

Hello

Good luck to you the rbs and the nastywest are not to hot on paperwork:eek: They have never come up with anything for me, no credit agreements for loans or advantage gold service fees, so all the better for me.

Bet you they don't have an agreement for your loyalities:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Cheers, letter sent.

I've basically told them that I had an overdraft long before my payments started so I didn't request this when I set up my overdraft so I want to know why.

I've basically accused someone (tactfully of course) of adding it without my consent at some point when I've rung up to increase my overdraft. I've challenged them to prove me wrong otherwise I want my money back.

We shall wait an see what they say :p

On another note, I've just drafted up a letter for my mate (who I'm currently helping out) to HFC. He had a very short term loan - he told them he needed the loan for a month and would be settling in a month's time. He asked for a settlement figure so he knew exactly how much he would have to pay in a month and that was it.

On settling it a month later he was told he owed another couple of hundred quid (can't remember exactly of top of head) on top of the amount he was quoted on application. On asking why, he was told he owed them money for the insurance policy he took out. My mate works for an insurance company and therefore has full insurance cover so didn't need this and definitely not considering he KNEW he was settling in a months time and had made this clear to the sales assistant on application.

At the time he didn't know what to do about it and where he stood on it. He sent some really feeble complaint letters to them but they ignored them and kept sending demands for the money he owed. He ended up coming to an agreement with them and settling.

I've just sent them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and a proper complaint letter asking for his money back plus interest.

anyone have anything on the halifax and ppi. i have complained to FOS about my ppi claim and was wondering if anyone had any dealings with halifax on this subject and what are the odds on winning. I tried to claim on ppi when i was made unemployed but the halifaxs insurance company refused to payout on the grounds i could not prove the reason for unemployment even though i told them the reason.I am noe 19monthe into unemployment and have difficulty paying my halifax bill which has an interest rate of over £130. hope it does not take to long for an answer from the ombudsman.

Hey andrew, not me personally but clicking on Search this thread in the PPI forum came up with 70 records so there's plenty to read through if you have a look.

Personally, I would start your own thread (andrewman vs Halifax PPI) otherwise your questions won't have as much meaning under my thread.

Good luck with your claim ;)

• Haha 1

Cheers, letter sent.

I've basically told them that I had an overdraft long before my payments started so I didn't request this when I set up my overdraft so I want to know why.

I've basically accused someone (tactfully of course) of adding it without my consent at some point when I've rung up to increase my overdraft. I've challenged them to prove me wrong otherwise I want my money back.

We shall wait an see what they say :p

On another note, I've just drafted up a letter for my mate (who I'm currently helping out) to HFC. He had a very short term loan - he told them he needed the loan for a month and would be settling in a month's time. He asked for a settlement figure so he knew exactly how much he would have to pay in a month and that was it.

On settling it a month later he was told he owed another couple of hundred quid (can't remember exactly of top of head) on top of the amount he was quoted on application. On asking why, he was told he owed them money for the insurance policy he took out. My mate works for an insurance company and therefore has full insurance cover so didn't need this and definitely not considering he KNEW he was settling in a months time and had made this clear to the sales assistant on application.

At the time he didn't know what to do about it and where he stood on it. He sent some really feeble complaint letters to them but they ignored them and kept sending demands for the money he owed. He ended up coming to an agreement with them and settling.

I've just sent them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and a proper complaint letter asking for his money back plus interest.

Hello Taff,

Good for you, did you ask them for a copy of the agreement that you signed to agree to the loyalities:wink: