Mackenzie Hall Want To Come And Visit Me!

MarianG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter thing where you tear off the perforated edges from this lot of trash saying that they have written to me but not received a response. It is true, they have written to me and I have chosen to ignore them as the debt is years old and in my married name (I have gone back to my maiden name 7 years ago) and I am sure it is statute barred. It is no longer on my credit file which is now clean. However, this new letter states that if they fail to receive a response to their communications, they will have no other alternative but to pass the account to their field collectors who will call within the next 7 days.

I will be sending them the CCA letter immediately, but I am not sure what to do if they do not comply within the time frame of 12 + 2 days (is this working days?). Do I have to give them another month on top of this to allow for them to go back to their "client" (Phoenix Recoveries)? Should I say, also, that I think it is statute barred? I am loathed to phone them as I know, from reading other threads, they are very unpleasant and threatening, but I am worried that someone will turn up on my doorstep and become even more confrontational.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Marian G

god that letter seems rather familiar.

I use to get those and i would ignore them they never shew up when they said they would tho, i aways thought it was rude.

just do what saintly one says as if this letter come in your married name and you have not used it for 7 year then it is defo SB

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.