style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:(

I SENT FIRT LETTER TO BARCLAYCARD

THEY HAVE SENT ONE BACK VERY FAST

SAYING THAT I HAD 30 DAYS TO LOOK

AT THE POLICY , AND THAT WAS MY COOLING of period

that i could see if it was suitable or not, now this was 2001

then i request it to be cancelled on the oct of 2004

they say they have ordered up a copy of the application form and is being dispatched that will show that i chose to take out the p p i

and i,m to go on to the ombudsman as this letter is there final response, so will i sendthe next letter, how can i make them pay up

any help please:?

Hello Frank 62!

The "Final Offer" bit is just to try and scare you off. They hope that you will just go away thinking it must be right, coming as it does from a bank.

Banks are not what they once were. They are a very devalued currency.

Now it's all about numbers, Selling, spreadsheets, Selling, marketing...and did I mention Selling?

Banks are just businesses, and you are their customer. They do not lend money out of the kindness of their hearts. They do it to make money. If they can Sell you things like PPI when lending you money, they will.

They won't just Sell you PPI because it seemed like a good idea at the time, they will do so to make more money. There are rules and guidelines in force to protect you, and sometimes the banks overlook those rules, either by design or because they are inept.

Best thing you can do is read a few Threads on this Forum and then you will get a feel for what you are up against, and how you can fight back and you can win.

In many cases, banks seem to make things up as they go along. Inventing authority where non exists. They'll write things that sound very formal and very correct when, in actual fact, it's just wee and wind.

If you have not already read this, check out the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) article on PPI:

FOS Article on PPI

Others may join in and help.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello Frank,

See you started your own thread:grin: Welcome

BRW is very correct regarding their defensive template final response.

I cant wait till they send you your application form:rolleyes: to show you that you ticked the box, Mmmm anyone could have ticked the box.

I think what you need to do is send them a request under section 77/78 of the consumer credit act for a copy of your true credit agreement, and see what they come up with.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner You need letter N sent it recorded delivery and check on the royal mail website that they received it.

An application form will only be your credit agreement if it contains the prescribed terms stated under the consumer credit act. This request costs £1 and has statutory timelimits of 12 working days + 2 postage. If they do not comply they will breach the act. Then after a further 30days, if they don't come up with it, they will commit a criminal offence.

You can then hopefully open up a real stinker of a dispute with them, which will then add a lot more fuel to the fire regarding your refund of ppi.

Did you do a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to get all of the information regarding the payments of ppi you made??????? Did you quote figures to them in your letter??? Please don't forget that these payments would attract some interest:grin: and then when you have the final figures on a spreadsheet, you want interest from the date each payment was made to the date you ask for it back at their contractual rate.:grin:

I think this is a good read regarding BC application form/credit agreements. I will give you a general insight into what you are looking at

Barclaycard ; Are These Enforceable Please

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW