GM Warranty

Bodie67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our Astra has just been serviced and the Vauxhall garage, where we purchased it second-hand, have revealed 2 issues one of which, a weeping shock absorber, is deemed NOT to be covered by the warranty. I've contacted GM re their decision not to contribute on this occasion and they stated it's down to wear and tear and isn't covered after 3000 - 5000 miles

The car is due it's first MOT in May and the warranty expires at the same time - anyone out there been able to coax GM into shelling out in similar circmstances or should I simply go to a cheaper garage to get it checked/repaired?

Shockers are wear items and classed the same as exhaust, brakes etc; so I don't think you will get them to change their mind about contributing.

Are these the front or rear shockers??

It's probably because they are weeping which means the loss of the hydraulic fluid and may not be an issue at present, but will become one.

Rear shock absorbers are really easy to change, but it is advisable to change them in pairs as they can affect the handling of the car.

As you can't get them on warranty bodie, ask the garage if they will sell them to you at trade price and change them yourself.