No tax on car

Isiris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently bought a car from someone. I viewed it, paid for it then we met half way as I had not arranged insurance. I left in on a little side road overnight and the next day, bang. Got a clamp on the car.

I paid £80 fine (The seller has given me half) and a £120 surety to say I would tax the car in the next 2 weeks. Sorted out the insurance and went to the brokers to pick up the insurance certificate. I parked the car in a City Council car park and paid for the ticket to park their.

When i came back 2 my car, admittedly 10mins late, there was a big yellow clamp on my car. NO NOTICE, NO PENALTY, NO WARNING MY CAR HAD BEEN CLAMPED.

I then spent 45 minutes trying to ficd who had clamped me, the police, the council but they all said no. It must be the DVLA.

Now my point is, I was on council private property. I was told I had to keep the car on private property so surely the car not being taxed on private property should not have been clamped.

Help need b4 morning as Ive got to ring them to discuss

Thanks

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I think when they said private property they might of meant your driveway/garage at home/friends home. Surely to get it into the car park you drove it on the highway without Tax? Which then i think you may have committed an offence. I might be wrong though.

Anyone else?

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

just found this

Power to immobilise vehicles

5.—(1) This regulation applies where an authorised person has reason to believe that an offence under section 29(1) of the 1994 Act is being committed as regards a vehicle which is stationary on a public road in a designated clamping area.

(2) Where this regulation applies, without prejudice to the institution of proceedings for any offence under the 1994 Act, the authorised person or a person acting under his direction may —

(a) fix an immobilisation device to the vehicle where it remains in the place where it is stationary, or

(b) move it from that place to another place on the same or another public road and fix an immobilisation device to it in that other place.

(3) Where an immobilisation device is fixed to a vehicle in accordance with this regulation, the person fixing the device shall also fix to the vehicle an immobilisation notice which —

(a) indicates that the device has been fixed to the vehicle and warns that no attempt should be made to drive it or otherwise put it in motion until it has been released from the device;

(b) states the reason why the device has been fixed;

© specifies the steps to be taken to secure its release including the charges payable under these Regulations and the person to whom and the means by which those charges may be paid.

I had a police officer witness that there was no stickers or anything. Like I said I spent 40 mins calling around to find out who had clamped the car

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth