Urgent advice needed! Doorstep debt collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a door step debt collector round tonight on behalf of Moorcroft (Bank of Scotland overdraft). I wasn't in at the time, but he told my husband that he would be round tomorrow morning. And, not knowing any better, he gave him our phone number!

The citizens advice bureau are dealing with all of my debts now, Moorcroft said that they hadn't heard anything from them since the middle of February, which is true, because they are waiting to hear back from all my creditors.

Anyway, if the CAB are dealing with things now, should Moorcroft be sending out a debt collector?

Also, what should I do if he comes back? I am scared that he might try and force his way in. I have no money for him and I am not making any payments to them. The CAB said it would be best for me to go bankrupt becasue I have no assets etc. So I will not be making any offers of payments etc. What rights does he have?

Any help is much appreciated.

Heather

NONE AT ALL

he has no rights to enter upon to your property and once asked to leave , if he refuses then he commits a civil tort of trespass and you could sue for damages

in addition, you can call the police, tell them you have asked this guy to leave and if hes refused then you tell them there is likely to be a breach of the peace caused by him and they MUST attend,they have to