Don't Work For Anglian Home Improvements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To anyone considering working for Anglian Home Improvements, I seriously suggest you re-think your plans.

After almost two years dedicated work with the company, I saw no alternative but to leave and seek employment elsewhere.

My customers experienced APPALLING customer care to the extent that many cancelled and went elsewhere (over £100k). Many were promised solutions to problems but without action, almost all were simply not communicated with by admin and installation depts. The Which magazine (March 2008) lists a number of customers. The 1st one was mine. A really genuine man who was serious about obtaining quality. He got delays, excuses, poor communication and dismal installation quality. Read it for yourself.

The RSM (Regional Sales Manager) or the DSD (Divisional Sales Director) saw fit to not pay me from November 23 2007 to 18 January 2008. It was only after a company auditor and human resources intervened that I was paid. I was the only sales rep to appear on the 'Last Quarters Incentive' winners list twice. But because I moved region (not company) my Christmas hamper was withheld. I made it open knowledge that I was considering moving because of ineptitude in the region and gave ample opportunity for issues to be put right.

The RSM told me of no hamper THREE days before Xmas. I met with him to discuss. He said he did not want me to leave and offered me an elevated position if I would stay. I asked did that include my hamper. NO was the reply. AND I was to buy a hamper myself (without wages!) and to tell my wife that I was not working for him but to break the news later...

There was no way this was going to happen. I moved to the next region only to learn that it was to be divided and that my area was to be included in the region I had just left :o.

I went further south but to be honest traveling 78 miles each way to work each day was just too much.

I left and then tried contacting a National director AGAIN. No response AGAIN. I faxed my intention to write to every newspaper I could including Which Magazine (who've just published a scandalous report on Anglian. NO RESPONSE.

The company is appalling to work for (my opinion), admin departments also known as anti-sales depts. seem to work purposely to lose orders. Other reps and managers are leaving in numbers.

My wife, children & I had an awful Christmas because of my withheld wages. Only my kids had presents (meager ones), my wife and I had none.

The region I left was the North East of the Northern Division.

I wrote (after cancellations) almost £900k in 37 weeks as a rep last year. The rest of the year was as a manager.

Under the present leadership, I would NEVER consider working for Anglian. But that's my opinion...

Their new tag line is...

'More Customers... Most Recommended'

They should add 'But we just don't care...'

Does anyone have good advice for seeking compensation?

Hi Chesterexpress

Yes, self employed... As indeed I am now with another national company.

No problems now, nor indeed with any person I can find who're with the same company or have been in the past. In fact, it's like a breath of fresh air. The customer care is well known as well as the product.

The work and training ethics are only matched by their customer care.

:cool:

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I had an employment problem here also...

To be fair I only worked with them three weeks, but they terminated my (self-employed) contract ahead of time, for no fault of mine....so, contracts with them don't matter!!

Also I was bothered by their so-called "best" canvasser, who was just the most rude and Abject man I met, both with co-workers (myself included) and with potential customers at the door

So, if you're very rude and at least a bit retarded, this would be an ideal workplace....otherwise I advise against it!!!