Transfer of Equity - pathetic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In October 2007 I decided that it may be best to add my wife to my mortgage, Mainly for sake of my will etc. However I contacted the mortgage company and was told this was very easy and would cost £125.00. I thought to myself that sounds ok. They sent me a letter with 5 lines asking for my wifes name, DOB and address. I sent this back with £125.00, some week later I received a 2nd letter asking for solicitors details, proof of earnings, etc. I neever had an issue with giving the information but the solicitors would be an extra £400.00 or so, This I was dissapointed with. I telehoned to express my dissapointment and stated that why was this a request in the 2nd letter and not the first.

I took some advice and decided to take a dual insurance policy which would pay off my preoperties in full and my wife would gain the bulding anyway. I decided not to fill in the 2nd letter. So i requested a refund of my £125.00. Oakwood Home Mortgages refused to refund my monies and claimed it was non refundable. I asked the question why and what have you done for the money. I only ever received a letter with 5 lines. They were adament that I was not getting this money back. I was gobsmacked so I cancelled my direct debit and sent payment by cheque minus £125.00, they applied a default fee and no doubt interest on top of that charge. I have never missed a payment. iI sent a complaint letter demanding that they refund my account with the £125.00, today I get a letter stating they will refund the account with £60.00 as a gesture, but the account remains in arrears as I paid them less £125.00.

Are they having a laff, surely they don't expect to keep my money when I feel they have done nothing. :mad: I have wrote another letter threatening them with legal action if I do not recieve a refund to my account in the next 14 days. I have not sent the letter yet, but any extra help would be appreciated. many thanks

Tell them you are going to complain to the FSA they have to pay the FSA while the complaint is being looked into and will be fined if they are found to have not been fair and reasonable to you