• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A & L Trying Court second time

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/80311-l-regret-unable-supply.html

vexatious litigants are people who persistently abuse the court process and are eventually barred from issuing proceedings. There is a list on the HMCS website somewhere.

Vexatious litigants Quite some list.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few DCAs should be added to it methinks:mad:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Quite a few DCAs should be added to it methinks:mad:

Oh do I hear you! And would love to be able to get some added to the list, it would in effect totally ruine the business, but not put them out of business, as they'd just get another to start proceedings.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

Hi Slick 132

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to help me, Solicitor wrote and informed me that they would still be taking me to Court, they have transfered it to my local court, so still waiting to here from Courts.

In answer to your questions.

1) Did you send, with your Defence, a copy of the judgement which ended A&L's last court Claim against you. Unfortunatly I did not send it

2) Roughly how much are they claiming from you and does the total they are claiming include penalty charges made to the a/c in the last 6 years.

A & L Personal Loan over 5yrs for £15 000 plus approx £3.000 interest. Would have to check back to see if they applied any penalty charges.

3) Do you have the last 6 years' statements for the a/c.

No, I'v never had any statements sent to me.

5) Are you willing or able to settle the debt after taking off A&L's penalty charges, when you've sold the house.

We have no collateral left in the house, now in housing with association. Having had a stroke I had to give up work last year, I was prepared to continue working to help pay this debt of, but things just got worse and eventually had to give the house up.

I have my pension of £98 per week to live on.

I originally agreed to pay them £25 per month in July 06 but in January 07 they got akward and told me that they wanted more money. It was then I asked for a copy of my CCA they then wrote and told me that they did not have one, and sent a coy of conditions, but with no terms on them etc.

Thanks for your guidance and help it's really appreciated.

Lynn

Hello Bach

So no CCA and they are still trying to enforce the debt. I would be inclined to not pay anything else into this account. Without a valid CCA they can't collect it. I will wait until you know of their intentions from the court, and act from there. If it's been thrown out already, changing courts won't help them.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Bach,

Thanks for the info above.

Please can you type or copy here onto your thread the detail of the Claimant's Particulars of Claim in these latest proceedings..

Can you also type or copy the Defence which you filed in response.

Do you know yet if it will be transferred to the same court which threw out their last claim.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi, I have to go to Hospital today, (Tue) but will get the A & L file out tomorrow (Wednesday) and answer questions for above, still haven't had anything from local Court yet.

Thanks for all yr support

Lynn

Hi, please help received an Allocation Questionair as A & L has transfered to Birmingham Court.Not sure how to complete this.

Can I ask for more time? also should I write to A & L's Solicitors, and ask for a copy of their defence.

My A Q has to be in by 2oth June.

Slick132 In answer to your questions above

Please can you type or copy here onto your thread the detail of the

Claimant's Particulars of Claim in these latest proceedings..

1, Claimaint © made a loan to Defendant (D) Particulars of which are set out in the schedule below.

2, C sent default notice to D requesting overdue payments to be made.

3,The amount claimed has not been paid.

4,Particulars of oer notice sent to D are out in schedule below.

Agreement Number --------

Agreement Date 07/06/2005

Balance £14881.29

Default notice 21/07/06

Can you also type or copy the Defence which you filed in response.

I had agreed to pay £25. per month. Having kept to this agreement A & L

decided that this was insuficant and would take me to Court.

Quote O F T

In the absence of a copy of the original agreement someones libility for the debt can only lead to further query. However in circumstances like this we would view it is unfair practice under section 25(2) (d) of the Act and relevent to licence fitness if gthe trader failed to investigate and / or provide details as appropriate when a debt is queried or disputed.

Alliance & Leicester letter dated 4th April 07

"I note with regret that you were not acknowledge or replid to as this was because A & L was unable to supply a copy of the agreement"

"However I do agree within the terms of Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act that you are entitled to a copy of the agreement. The original is unobtainable so the matter has been passed to me and although the original is not available from our records I produce a facsimile of the agreement. I confirm that this is a true copy and if you require more information please contact me " unquote.

Quote. " We have provided you with a recreated agreement containing every material provision that was incorporated into the original agreement, then this appears to be sufficient to honour it's obligagtions to provide a copy of the executed agreement under section 77 of gthe Act. I would therefor inform you that this is a true copy of the original and therefor this is a valid judgement. " unquote

Thjs was my defence.

Do you know yet if it will be transferred to the same court which threw out their last claim.

Transfered to a different Court. (we have moved since last case)

Can you please help as not a well lady, having won one, Im running out of steam now.

Thanks Lynn (Sorry its so long)

Edited by bach

Hi Bach,

Please confirm that you still have the Judgement from the previous proceedings.

I'll seek advice from the Site team on how best to proceed from here.

We may take a while to get back but it'll be in good time for you to deal with the AQ.

Try not to worry in the meantime.:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Bach.

Can you scan a copy of the "Facsimile Agreement" that A&L produced, for us to see.

Morning Slick,

Here is the Facsimile Agreement" sent by A & L.

Also came across this letter that I sent to A & L on 25th March 2007. .

A & L returned this letter to me on the 4th April,2007, stamped and saying Invalid Account Number. As you can see on the recreated agreement it is the same number, so why say it was invalid??

Also thought you might like to see the letter saying they could not produce the agreement etc.

Again thanks for yr help really appreciated

Lynn

Edited by bach

Hi Bach,

We can only see the 1st 2 doct's from above. Please scan and link again.

Was the doc't in link 1 above the ONLY page or is there another page of their Facsimile Document. If there is anything on the back, we need to see it. If it's just the one page they sent you, then please confirm.

Hi Slick, Will try again mid morning to scan copies again.

Since trying to scan them I have had a computor problem, trouble with loging on to web page.

It only seems to be happening when I try to log on to this thread.

Iv started another thread because of these problems.

Thanks Lynn

Edited by bach
spelling

Hi Slick,

Sorry, Iv got a problem logging on to my other thread, so Im having to set another one up. If you can could you possibly copy and paste the other posts on to the new one.

Will try again to scan copies.

Thanks Lynn

Edited by bach

Hi Bach,

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the thread - probably more to do with Photobucket and links.

If it helps at all, send the doc'ts to me by email. What we need to see is the whole of the copy/facsimile Credit Agreement.

I'll get them posted for the Mods to see. I'll send you my email addy by PM now.

Hi slick, have e mailed you the whole copy of Credit agreement plus two other may be relevent letters.

Hope you'v got them okay, as Iv never e mailed off a scanner before.

Let me know if you did,nt get them. Thanks again

Thanks Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Safely rec'd thanks. The copies are so good, some of your personal info is still visible so I'm not posting them here.

They will be seen, however, by the Site team who will use the doc'ts to decide how you should go on from here.

Please don't post any more on this thread - we'll use the other one as all the info is there already.

Reply will go on your other thread when your case and the doc'ts have been fully considered. :)

Thanks Lynn,

The doc'ts are all now available for the site team to see, so we can advise you further.

Let us know when you hear from the court. :)

Hi, I received an Allocation Questionair as A & L has transfered to Birmingham Court. Not sure how to complete this.

Can I ask for more time? also should I write to A & L's Solicitors, and ask for a copy of their defence.

My A Q has to be in by 20th June.

Thanks Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I'll relay this to the team and we'll get back to you about the AQ. Do nothing in the meantime and we''l see it's dealt with in time.

You don't need to ask for more time, nor do you need to contact A&L as we already have their POC's and there's no defence to ask for from them.

Slick, thanks once again, Its so reasurring that CAG is there I dont know how I would and many thousands more manage without this site

Have a great weekend,

Lynn

Hi all, just a reminder as time is going by.

On Wednesday I won't be in all day,

this will only leave me today (Tuesday) and Thursday half a day to get my AQ over to Birmingham County Court for Friday 20th June.

Thanks Lynn