Babydoll/ debitas

babydoll0141917
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

got a default on crap1..limit was 1000 now 1.600 with added late payment fees etc..been paying token payment of 1.00 since september..they now passed to debitas,sent them all expentiture details has crap 1 was ignoring the fact that i sent thm my expenditure details etc about 4 times ..kepted getting letter saying they wanted this that etc..

i sent debitas all the details on the 25 feb ..no reply i didnt send recored so im hoping they have got them ..since then they are phoning bout 7 times a day,my nxt port of call will be a harrassment letter and a letter asking if they received the expenditure /proof of benefits etc ..is this the best thing to do ??

cheers guys

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

You can CCA debitas to see if they have a legal right to collect the debt and slap the telephone harassment letter in for good measure.

You can also send crap1 a SAR and start reclaiming unlawful charges, therefore reducing the debt further.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

hi tig

yep i got me CCA al ready to post..with a telephone harrassment letter included..i had a letter of debitas yesday..saying thanks for expenditure form etc but we really need you to phone us (yeh right) LOL..ive also added a letter stating i do not telephone any one reguarding ppl like you ..letters only :) ..will keep u informed tiglet ..and my next letter will be to crap1 S.A.R

well debitas have sent yet another random letter ..none of my questions have been answered ..no mention of my CCA request..the 2+10 days are up on 21 march..they still phone me even after i sent a telephone harrasment letter..they keep asking me to call them( which im not going to do) ive asked for all corrispondance to be by letter ...r these ppl twats or what LOL:mad:

UPDATE..since i sent a CCA to debitas ive had 2 letter the last one is that i havent phoned them..and if i dont they will consider legal action ..the 2 plus 10 days is up fri 21st ...they havent even acknowledged my letters the 1 bout telephone harrassment/and i only want communication by letter hasnt been acknowledged either ..these ppl are a nitemare..do i answer these letters or just leave till i get the CCA ?? well thats if i get the CCA LOL:) ..or shall i write to them saying when they respond to my letters and requests..ill respond to theres??..they have all the information they need reguarding benefits /expenditure etc ..i know this is just another random letter but i do hate ignorance :mad:

thanks guys

I would just answer the letter and say that you will only deal with them in writing and therefore have no intention of phoning them. Anyth ing they want to say to you can go in a letter.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

CCA debitas on the 5th march

received 7th march ,,

10 + 2 days was up yesday

..received a letter of crap1 today saying

they need a signature that matches their records before they will send the CCA.

.what shall i do?

all my sigs on letters are printed as ive read from this great site that it has been known for them to copy sigs..help pls !!!:)

Oh dear seems they are badly informed as a signature is NOT required for a CCA.

Throw this at them

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2007 the contents of which are noted

In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my S78 request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this matter.

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 78 was made on xx/xx/2007 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2007. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I await your rapid response.

Yours Faithfully,

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

could that possibly be for dodgy faking reasons surely not!!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

well i sent the letter thanks to curly

...to crap1 about not needing a signature for them to send my CCA.

.today i get another letter saying they still wont send untill they get a sig blah blah blah...what do i do now ??

i really dont want to send a sig and let them get their own way.

.they are in default.

. and would of committed a criminal offence on 28 april

Hi

Do absolutely nothing.

You have sent a legal request with the required payment for such a request. They are trying to confuse you by asking for a proof of your signature.

The letter Curly Ben advised you send, informed them that you know your rights concerning signatures, which you do.

Ignore them, they have had the request, they know the time scales they have, to provide the information you requested.

You are in the right, they are in the wrong, simple as,

I think they may not have an enforceble agreement :)

Happy Days

Santos

Springfield

well im still awaiting for my CCA of CRAP1 ..

.next wk they have committed a criminal offence as the 12+2 and 30 days will be up

..but this morning i have received a letter saying i can pay 1.00 pound a mth for a yr then my situation will be assessed.

..mmmm r they saying they havent got a CCA as they keep asking for my signature aswell???