Fast4 (ISP) T&C revisions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up to Fast4 in july this year. It was advertised and sold as a 8Mb fully unlimited connection. Al was fine for a few months and then speeds startd dipping alarmingly. Getting in touch with them revealed that a "fair use policy" had been applied to the account with new T&C- w had not been notified and at the time no "fair" download amount was specified.

A few months later, skimming through their site a figure of 60GB / month was now posted. We were not happy with this, but could see the "fairness" and accepted it - keeping use below this.

There are 2 users on our home network, myself (light use) and my teenaged son who likes his games and downloads! This was explained when we joined Fast4 and given as our reason for choosing this service.

Fast4 have now changed their bandwidth supplier - we were migrated to the new supplier a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday we got an email from Fast4 stating that we were to go on a 15Gb maximum service - starting TOMORROW and any bandwidth extra to this would need to be purchased in advance or charged as PAYG.

I instantly requested a MAC code - but their T&C state this can only be done through my member's console ,and the feature is currently un available.

They still insist on a 28 day notice period to cancel. My monthly subscription has already been collected IN ADVANCE for the month of March.

I have emailed them rejecting the revised T&C as detrimental to me and imformed them of my intention to quit the service.

I believe that we should get an allowance of 60Gb as per the last accepted contract, but they say "not possible, you get 15Gb" As we pay in advance for the service, should not any period we have to remain on the service be at the previously agreed rate?

I consider that the removal of 75% of the product is UNREASONABLE and therefore constitutes the start of a new agreement and not a variation to existing T&C (Do these not need to be "reasonable"?

As 2 days notice "reasonable" in these circumstances?

Your comments will be gratefully received, especially any legal reference, as I intend to pursue this to a satisfactory conclusion - nothing short of disgraceful behavior in my opinion and they should not be allowed to get away with it!

Do a google search of this absolute p155 poor excuse for an ISP, i was with them myself a year ago. They tried all this with me, i requested a mac code, and stated that by law they have to, don't listen to their excuse of having to do it through the member console (which incidentally didn't work when i was with them ) ill try and dig up the info on a forum dedicated to how poor fast4 actually are.

EDIT

Plenty of comments from (un)happy Fast4 customers lol

Fast4 - ISPr Forum

Do a google search of this absolute p155 poor excuse for an ISP, i was with them myself a year ago. They tried all this with me, i requested a mac code, and stated that by law they have to, don't listen to their excuse of having to do it through the member console (which incidentally didn't work when i was with them ) ill try and dig up the info on a forum dedicated to how poor fast4 actually are.

EDIT

Plenty of comments from (un)happy Fast4 customers lol

Fast4 - ISPr Forum

Thanks for the liknk

(angryweasel, AKA Capped4 :) )