Help! Northern Rock DFN/tomlin order?

missy1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We fell behind with our mortgage payments (60k secured and 14k unsecured) a little bit last year due to my boyf coming out for work (only one and a half months of pyts behind), one month I managed to pay half of the mortgage rather than none, the following month I was unable to pay anything. I kept in constant touch with them, telling them why we couldnt pay etc as didnt want to hide away from it.

We then got a dfn in the post demanding the 14k unsecured loan. I called saying we couldnt pay this and kept up with all other monthly pyts.

In january I got a letter from Northern Rock saying the arrears on the account had been put back to nil on their system (to help us) and the missing pyts would be included in the owed amt £74k and to keep up with monthly pyts. The same day I got a letter from a solictors saying they were taking us to court to get the 14k unsecured loan.I called Northern Rock saying that I thought everything was ok as the arrears back to £0 and they said even though they have sent that letter they are still persuing the 14k unsecured. I said that the letter quotes the secured and unsecured loan saying just keep up with pyts but the lady just kept saying we are taking you to court and a ccj will be issued.

As I work within finance I said that if I got a ccj I would lose my job (as we have regular cred chks), after a while she said she will put it through as a tomlin order were the unsecured will be made secured against the property, and we dont need to do nothing, the sols and courts will sort between themselves. But a court letter has come this week and Im getting so confused and when I ring NR Im always in a queue.

Do I fill the court forms in? does this mean theres no tomlin order? does my ltr from northern rock prove everything should be ok? Im stressing so much over this its making me sick, esp that I could lose my job. Any help or advice would be great .

p.s sorry to ramble on but wanted to get everything in this post.

• 2 weeks later...

How much is your regular monthly mortgage payment ?

how much is your monthly unsecured loan paymet?

What are the arrears, if any, on both accounts?

what is your property worth?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"