Scotland Help Regarding Trust Deed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I posted my query regarding Trust Deeds and received a reply advising me to

ask advice from Scottish members. Can anyone help?

Due to serious health problems and a long period of unpaid sick I found myself in serious financial difficulties and sought advice from the local council debt advisory service. They advised me to enter a Trust Deed and I signed the deed last year. Subsequently I have had to resign from work as consultant advises that I will be unable to return to work for at least another year. I have continued to pay my contribution to the trust deed although this has been a struggle. Could you please advise if I can still reclaim bank charges / credit card charges in this situation.

Sandy

As far as I can tell, Sandy, personal circumstances don't enter into the equation. All that matters is that you got charged by the bank, unlawfully, and you are entitled to get the money back. If I was you, I'd go through the process as quickly as possible and get your claim completed. The bank's lawyers will be beavering away looking for a way around this, so the sooner the better.

Just Do It.

Good Luck

Bank of Scotland

Letter asking for Statements - 24 Apr 06

Recieve Some Statements - 29 June 06 (rest recd. on 18th Jul)

Planning claim - 30 June 06

Preliminery Letter Sent 3rd July 06 - claiming £4143 (recorded delivery)

Standard letter recieved - no offer - 13 July 06

LBA sent 18 July 06 (signed for on 19th)

Recd. phone call 21st July 06, offered £210 then £600. Refused.

Moneyclaim Online submitted for £4398 (11th Aug 06)

Letter rec.d informing of full reimbursement within 5 days (23 Aug 06)

MBNA Credit Card

Planning claim - 2 Jul 06

Letter asking for statements sent 3 July 06 (recorded delivery)Preliminery letter sent recorded 8th Aug 06

Sent LBA 22 Aug 06

Applied for RBS parachute account - 3 July 06

More details needed, posted current statemets - 12 July 06

Account open - 14 july 06

Alex thank you for your encouraging message. I had started process then wondered if this was acceptable in my circumstances. Sent Data Protection Act to the Bank of Scotland on 14 June requesting copies of statements. On 24 June received copies of only 1 years statements instead of 5years as requested. Contacted bank,advised that they will send the rest in 7 days.

I will "Just Do It"

Regards

Sandy

As far as I can tell, Sandy, personal circumstances don't enter into the equation. All that matters is that you got charged by the bank, unlawfully, and you are entitled to get the money back. If I was you, I'd go through the process as quickly as possible and get your claim completed. The bank's lawyers will be beavering away looking for a way around this, so the sooner the better.

Just Do It.

Good Luck

Sandy,

From what I gather about Trust Deeds ANY monies recovered by yourself will go to your Trustee and into the pot to pay your creditors.

Best of luck in reclaiming what is rightfully yours

CharlieHo

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Yes I think this is indeed the case, but I feel so strongly that I ended up in this dreadful situation mainly through these unlawful charges so I am willing to go through the procedure to reclaim