style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SHERFORCE.

Ladies and gentleman.

Its is becoming obvious that these people are acting, and charging way beyond the realms of the law.

There appears to be two laws in operation here,

The one set out by goverment, and sanctioned by the Lord chancellors office, and,

The one that Sherforce think is "Their law"

I am making it my mission to challenge, and expose these people, for what they really are.

In order to gather as much information as possible, i would be grateful if you could provide on this thread, any information, or suggestions, that you think might be of relevance.

Please keep it as simple and direct as possible.

If your reply refers to a story, please post a link and i will collate the information from there.

I think its about time WE stood up to these, er, um, people.:wink:

I look forward to your suggestions.

Regards

Tony.

P.S. I dont think one loan voice will get very far here. I really need your help. Thank You.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most common complaint that our office deals with daily is the REMOVAL NOTICE letter left by "a delivery driver" stating that a bailiff is coming to the home to remove goods.

The second most common complaint concerns the fees being charged by High Court Enforcment Companies. Normally I can look at a breakdown of fees and see immediately where any overcharges has occured. With these fees......... the charges are all over the place, even I am lost !!!

I agree with you.....something must be done and I am currently putting together a letter to the Ministry of Justice on this matter.

Good luck guys. I have 10 people a day tell me "i'll be hearing from them"

Fees will usually be justified in some way, whether it be van charge or admin fees.

Removal Notice - Just a scary letter that warns the person we are coming to remove unless they contact and pay.

As for breakdowns of fees - ask the COMPANY. Really think Sherforce boss charges just £2.00 per visit and 34p a mile???

Guest 10110001
Good luck guys.

... Really think my boss would be driving a £90k car if charged just £2.00 per visit and 34p a mile??? Get real guys - WAKE UP!!!!

Last time I came across a bailiff driving a 90K car was a Porsche GT soft top.

He'd nicked it - pretending to have siezed it for an unpaid traffic debt. The debtors finance company recovered it by locating its fitted TRACKER device and going round to the bailiffs house with the keys, and TFL got a bill for its missing contents and damage to the paintwork.

If running a licenced car-ringing [problem] is your thing, its you I'll be saying good luck & time to wake up.

As for breakdowns of fees - ask the COMPANY. Don't look at the silly fee schedule by the government. Really think Sherforce boss would be driving a £200k car if they charged just £2.00 per visit and 34p a mile??? Get real guys - WAKE UP!!!!

Cos.

As much as i appreciate your experience and comments, you always react very elusively when it comes to the topic of fees.

I am trying to wake up, and and get real.

How can you refer to Goverment legislation as silly ?.

Either it is the law, or it isnt.

For to long people have put up with scare tactics, because they knew no different. Well its time to fight back.

I dont care if Mr Sherforce owns a space shuttle.

If i owe a debt, i will pay it.

What i wont do is weaken to bullies who are nothing more than criminals hiding behind a self imposed belief that they are untouchable.

Tomtubby, if there is anything i can do in the meantime, just shout.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Its silly in terms of how it relates to real life fees charged, i can't even work it out myself!

Government law IS the law, but as robin my friend pointed out on my "Reveals" post. Lots of firms dodge or bend the rule and usually get away with it. Simple bank charges are a major thing now, how many banks overcharge??

I'm not elusive with fees - i've explained them on various other posts. What can i say? No, i don't work for Sherforce so can't explain their fees more. If someone puts a proper breakdown of their Sheriffs fees alone, i will be happy to explain them more.

Plus the fact, this topic refers to Sherforce only, who are well known for overcharging.

What i think doesn't really matter anyway, i just think for any normal joe bloggs, it IS infair and is hard to challenge fees. So i'm just trying to enlighten you all. What you conclude from it is down to you.

"What i wont do is weaken to bullies who are nothing more than criminals hiding behind a self imposed belief that they are untouchable."

This is true, neither will I. We know we're not untouchable, there's laws that govern what we say every day. However, like i said earlier, some are bent or broken, as in Sherforce's case. I would pay money myself to watch them squirm when someone properly challenges their fee schedule (if it ever happens!).

You can ask aswell i'm sure for a list of their charges, like a bank. I.E admin fees, office fees, card charge fees etc. this may explain a lot more if someone could get hold of one of them. I'll try my best tomorrow to have a look.

But to date, for the purpose of ease, i will call it my case.

1. Letter hand delivered. Blah blah blah.

....Sherforce Chages. £657.36p

2. Second letter by first class post. Naughty me.

....Sherforce charges. £191.80p

£849.16p. 2 letters and a jolly to Berkshire.

Im missing something ??????????????????????????????

As the letter reads.

A. Amount of judgement or order (including interest) £143.08

B. Judgement costs £1090.00

C. Interest @ 8% £39.84

D. Costs of execution. £101.75

E. Charges of the authorised HCEO £657.36 ............(Exactly what fees ?)

Pre Sherforce £1,233.08

Post Sherforce £ 2,032.03

Plus latest charge £191.80

I defy anybody to tell me the HCEO charges are fair and reasonable.

I have the same problem, i still cant understand either. Even if there are admin fees after the date i commenced payment, where did they come from ? i have never had any letters in the post from day one, (of any visits apart from the first one.) I have only ever had one fone call from them, in december. They never took the money from my bank when they were supposed to and blamed me. They then made me pay double and gave me a few days to pay. .

4/4/07 visit from HCEO. Delt with HCEO on the driveway.

Paperwork states:

judgement order £1883.16

judgement costs £289.03

Then.. If sent from county court by certificate interest post judgement or order on county court judgement or order over £5000 until date of certificate £19.2 at the rate of 8% pa.

Cost of execution £101.75

Charges of the HCEO £713.29 ????

Amount to Levy £3006.43

Started making payments of £50 pw as agreed from 4/4/07.

Then i ask for a breakdown of charges on 8/2/08.

Sherforce charges at the top of the letter states £1068.14 when the original paperwork states £713.29

Less monies recived by sherforce £2166.45

THEY SAY....Outstanding amount due IN FEBUARY 08 is £1412.21 ??????

This is the breakdown they gave me:

Interest at 8% pa is £236.58

Percentage of amount recoverd £65.26

Mileage incurred £35.09

Seizure fee £4.00

Walking possession fee £76.25

Valuation fee £131.66

Financial management fee £110.00

Admin fee £80

They say sub total is £909.06

Vat £159.08

Total £1068.14 :confused:

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("1389240") report.gif

Guest 10110001

Its looks like the bailiff is trying to defraud you and its a criminal offence.

Go to a police station and report that you have been defrauded by a bailiff under Section 15A(1) of the Theft Act 1968 (for offences before January 2007) or Section 2(1)(b)(i) and Section 4(1)©(i) of the Fraud Act 2006. Take along the evidence including the bailiff’s receipt, applicable fee schedule and printout of relevant law. If the police fob you off with the - it’s a civil matter – excuse or they say it doesn’t fit the criteria to be considered for criminal prosecution, then get the name of the officer and file a complaint of misfeasance with the IPCC. They'll get a breakdown of the bailiffs fees.

Great advice, thank you.

I shall have to amend my complaint to, attempting to obtain, as no money has been paid, and no reply to the demands have been sent.

I can see the principle is just the same though.

Guest 10110001
do you recomend i carry on paying for now ?

Yes and always use a credit card.

Does the Theft Act 1968 not stand then if its post January 07 ?

No, the Fraud Act 2006 repeals the deception offences in sections 15, 15A, 16, and 20(2) of the Theft Act 1968.

Guest 10110001

Continue to pay until you have a finding that you have been overcharged by the bailiff, adjust the payments appropriately or reclaim them from the authority that issued the parking ticket in the small claims track.

Never try and resolve overcharged fees with the bailiff, just file a complaint against the bailiff at court.

Hi 101.

It was not to do with a parking ticket, its was a buissness debt. My partners, A self employed one man band.

Ive heard that it would be hard to stand up to them in court, that they would always be able to justify their charges.

How much would i have to front to do this ? As no cedit cards, or any other means.

Guest 10110001

You dont need to stand up to them in court, if the bailif has overcharged you then it's the bailiff's problem. He will have to appear before his certificating court and attend a police station to be questioned under caution as part of a criminal investigation.

It doesn't cost you anything to make a complaint with the certificating court or the police. You must have your facts right because you have a burden of proof where you must show beyond all reasonable doubt that the bailiff overcharged you.

• 1 year later...

hi there

i am also seeking the same

sherforce have just taken 2 of my vans for a debt thats not even mine

the bailiff turned up at my door and it was answerd by a 15 year old who is registerd disabled and is almost blind thay was told that it was full of goods as we was just moving it also had our tools on and the baliff turned round and said well you have two mins to empty it or i will take it anyway.

so i have not been able to work for three months as thay also have my tools.

points of complaint

1)to tell a blind child unload it or we take it

2)to then leave him sat in the garden crying

3)to take our goods for our house ie things left from decesed family

4)not showing any ID at all at any time

5)filling me with pure bull s--t and lies

6)not one letter or phone call answerd

and the debt is not even in my name or mine

and thay have proof of this

i intend to stop this hapening to anyone else and fast

i will give you all the help you need as i have time on my hands now

kind regards

I just had a visit from Sherforce, business has been bad and I couldn't pay a ccj.

Original cost incl. interest 3093.17

Judgement cost £210

interest £18

cost of execution 101.75

charges of authorised High court enforcement officer £869.57!

total £4292.49

No previous letter

Managed to give him 2 post dated cheques to give me some time to think.

Spoke to someone who said he would email me abreakdown of costs.

Any help would be appreciated

can you tell me if you sighned any thing if so what was it.

the two payments that you gave can you cover the value because i know how easy it is to sighn a cheque to buy time.

and do you see yourself getting back on track when this is sorted.

and are you a sole trader or a ltd company

kind regards