Talk Talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boradband with talk talke has just pack up and I have been without for days now, I tried my disc that they sent over a year ago to see if I could get back on boradband but it keeps telling me that I need to purchase a security package as they cannot trace one on my computer which is rubbish as I have McFee package and when I say yes to their requests for the security packs it tells me that I must first remove the security package that I have on my computer what is going on here. I have phoened talk talk and they have told me that I have 4 more months to go with them and if I want to change they will charge me £70.00, I do not remember signing a contract for 18 months with talk talk can I request a copy of my contact with them. :mad:

Talk Talk=AO-HELL which do have an 18 month contract policy. Advise the aol plonker that you are a talk talk customer on a 12month contract and NOT an AOL one on an 18 month so technically your time is spent, contract up and your entitled to recieve your MAC code and migrate to a better isp.

AO-HELL actually took it upon themselves to put us on a new 18 month contract without our permission, agreement or knowlege so I stuck by my guns and we were let out of the contract we should never have been in and allowed to leave without paying the remaining on the contract etc.

I contacted consumer direct and they were helpful with info Consumer Direct - Are you up to speed with your rights when it comes to broadband?

We wanted to go to o2 and we got a lot of help and advice before we had even signed up with them from the advisors about where we stood(well they will share anything to get your custom)lol. A strongly worded complaint to their complaints department, dont deal with organ grinding foreingers on the phone, they lie about getting a supervisor etc as per their own Escallation process!

They are also failing to provide you with technical support and thus a service you are paying for so id also demand a refund for the time you have had no service. Well unless its a pc thing, phone extension, BB filter etc, im sure though you have checked all your equipment?

Good luck.

Do you have a piece of paper to say that you will be with them for 18 months or they just tell you when you joined it was fro 18 months have a got a written contract with TalkTalk?

I am asking becasue I do not remember signing anything with them it was all verbal, no written contract - maybe a contact does not have to be in writing or signed

Perpahs someone with a bit more knowledge will let us know. Thankfully I only have 3 and bit months left with them:???:

Maybe you should switch off the windows firewall monitor on your PC, you should find it in Control panel, it will say off not recommended but switch it of anyway, and see if the cd works.

I am also with talktalk but they've never sent me a cd or a modem, i just entered my username and password on my router and worked. Their customer service is rubbish so it might be easier and less frustrating to see if it is a modem issue.

Do you have a piece of paper to say that you will be with them for 18 months or they just tell you when you joined it was fro 18 months have a got a written contract with TalkTalk?

I am asking becasue I do not remember signing anything with them it was all verbal, no written contract - maybe a contact does not have to be in writing or signed

Perpahs someone with a bit more knowledge will let us know. Thankfully I only have 3 and bit months left with them:???:

Some are verbal until you put their CD software to setup the router etc on you pc for your connection. Theres usuallysummit there which is usually small print like you agree by installing this software etc you are bound by the T&C's of blah blah and usually your told on the phone wether its a 1,3,6,12 or 18 nonth contract, some like virgin have shorter contracts but a clause that if you cancel before 12 months pass you have to pay so much as a cancellation fee.

You can sit back and pay them for the next 3 months for nowt or fight now and get early release because they are failing on their part providing you with technical support for their services they are paid to provide you. I gave you a link above you can call them for advice too. I certainly didnt sit and twiddle my thumbs its gets you nowhere.