credit reference agencies

fergal71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently had virgin media place a default on my credit file ..... they did not issue a default notice or follow any of the guidelines laid out in cca1974. The credit reference agencies put it on there.....

do any of the legal eagles believe I have a case of compensation as I can prove stress, time, and money that it has cost me to have it removed....

They removed as soon as I asked for copy of cca and default notice. but in the meantime it has cost me so much... I thought under data protection act that credit reference agencies had to check that the information was correct and legally placed on files...

what do you think????????????

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

I think that you won't have a case under the data protection act 1998, as they corrected the mistake within the time limit the act gives for doing so.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

From the time you complain , I believe it is 21 days. Nevertheless, any damages will be nominal as you will take court action after they have rectified the problem.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 5 months later...

but believ it or not due to circumstances it cost me over £4000 in that short time...

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

• 5 months later...

I was for want of a better word "stitched up" by Halifax credit card. Briefly the charges started to over take me with them adding charge up on charge and intrest up on interest, before i knew it my balance had doubled.

I called Halifax on many occations asking the to come to an agreement and stop adding interest they kept telling me that the only way they would agree is i would accept a "DEFAULT" and then they would stop all interest and charges going on to my account, it was my only option, sadly i had no choice and agreed.

They put me with a debt recovery company ( which im sure belong to them) . I have been paying them £100 per month for the last 18 months with a balance of £3500 ( approx ) still out standing and i must add no payments missed.

I would like to know if i fall into the catagory to try and have the default removed ?

All advise accepted

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey every one

i have just joinned the site as recommended my a work collegue, im finding all these acts and abrieviations confusing as all this is new to me. i was going to go with the cartel company to reclaim my bank charges and wiped my defaults and and credit card. but i have decided to now do it myself ( if i can)! can any one point me in the right direction to find templates and stuff i need.

Regards

dolphin Baby

hey every one

i have just joinned the site as recommended my a work collegue, im finding all these acts and abrieviations confusing as all this is new to me. i was going to go with the cartel company to reclaim my bank charges and wiped my defaults and and credit card. but i have decided to now do it myself ( if i can)! can any one point me in the right direction to find templates and stuff i need.

Regards

dolphin Baby

Your best bet would be to send your creditors a SAR which will cost £10. From this you will be able to determine whether any credit agreement is enforceable & what unfair bank charges have been added which you can claim back. They have 40 days to provide the information & you should send the request by recorded delivery. Letter #10 The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

If you have more than one account with the same creditor they will be covered by a single SAR, just mention all the a/c numbers.

When you start to receive replies, start a new thread on here by scrolling to the bottom of General Debt Issues - The Consumer Forums & clicking 'new thread' & someone will help if you have any questions or problems.