Robinson Way And Co Debt Collection Methods

Guest Markt20
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Markt20

Hi

As some of you may be aware I have had a situation with Iqor Recovery On 2nd November I recived a letter from them stating they had passed my british gas debt from wescot criedt services to them and they will be arraging a door step collection to visit my house ! yet here we are on 27th November and I have recived no further phone calls or letters from Iqor there next move ? any one with any ideas on them any one have dealings with them before?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wouldn't be getting the tea and biscuits ready.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Hi Markt20

Just popped in in response to your pm.

I think it unlikely that they will actually send anybody around. I think this just standard scare tactics designed to try to get you to pay.

Did you send the letter in post 9? You should.

And, as TT8 says, if they do turn up they have no right to enter.

Don't let them in, don't talk to them over the phone, and get that letter off to them if you haven't already.

Edit: I'd expect no visit, but for them to continue sending messages/ringing. This is why it's important to get the letter off. Might not stop them, but means you can start complaining officially.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Guest Markt20

Hi

As some of you maybe aware i posted a thread and my situation with Iqor Recovery Services Stating they sent a letter to me on 2nd Novmember stating they will arrage a collection visit seeing that i have failed to reply to them , yet here we are 3rd December no visit or no futher phone calls any idea of there just being lazy ? or passed it on to a differnet agency it was for a gas bill

Ive just recieved a letter from these for an old debt that first national sold on.

They are threatening me with a home visit! I can't wait for that, should be fun :D

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

2 threads merged. Please keep to one thread, it makes it a lot easier to follow.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ive just received a call from these muppets and I can quite categorically state that they must be the most unprofessional DCAs in the world. Laugh? I nearly fell off my chair. It was that funny, I genuinely thought that it was a mate winding me up -

Iqbor - Is that Mr xxxxxxx? (putting on a serious voice)

Me - Yes, who's speaking?

Iqbor - I can't tell you its data protection.

Me - Eh

Iqbor - I said i cant tell you, because of data protection.

Me - You ARE having a laugh arn't you

Iqbor - You'd better respond to our letters

Me - What letters?

Iqbor - Letters from Preston

Me - What the bloody hell are you talking about.

Iqbor - You are ignoring our letters.

Me - How can I admit to ignoring your letters if you don't tell me who you are?

EVENTUALLY, THE YOUNG LADY TAKES ME THROUGH SECURITY QUESTIONS AND CONFIRMS THAT SHE IS CALLING FROM IQBOR

Iqbor - You owe us £xxx for a car you have on credit with xxxxx finance

Me - No I don't

Iqbor - Yes you do

Me - I haven't got a car on credit

Iqbor - yes you do

Me - Look as much as I am enjoying this conversation, I really must go now because Ive got better things to do.

Iqbor - I will look into it and call you back

Me - Good for you, CLICK

The girl must have been no older than 17 and sounded like she had not had any training whatsoever.

I know that you should never talk to these people, but I really enjoyed it and I'm a big boy I can deal with people like that all day long :D

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

I agree Curlyben,

6 months ago i wouldn't have said boo to a goose, now i have a new found confidence and i am loving it.

All thanks to CAG and a bit of help from a new work colleague who is the most confident person i have ever met (after witnessing how different people treat him to the old doormat me)

Debt Collection Charges

I agree Curlyben,

6 months ago i wouldn't have said boo to a goose, now i have a new found confidence and i am loving it.

All thanks to CAG and a bit of help from a new work colleague who is the most confident person i have ever met (after witnessing how different people treat him to the old doormat me)

They call it ' Synergy ' - I've posted the next bit on a number of threads before written by a poster over a year ago and I can't quite remember who it was - it's a message for everyone who has been trodden on - enjoy:

This is not about money - it's about you! read it... it's about someone on forum feeling worthless.. read it..

“Ruminations:

This was a liberating day - surprisingly so, in some respects.

Got up early, having decided to set the ball rolling. Drove my long-suffering wife (it's our 23rd anniversary on Sunday - your felicitations will be most welcome) to work and went to have a cup of coffee while waiting for the banks to open. A multi-shot black coffee with cream. Woke me up a bit.

Banks opened: I went to the Portman Building society first and asked if they had a basic bank account. No, is the short answer. They can't do standing orders and DDs, so no use to me, then. Looked for Co-Op: none in (market city in SW England). So I went to Lloyds TSB. I've banked with them before - 30 years ago, when I was a student. The moment I stopped being a student, they demanded the entire overdraft back. Immediately. So I switched - to NatWest, as it happens, but that was a long time ago and I've been with Midland, Barclays and NatWest again, since then.

Didn't have the right ID so I had to go home and get it. Went back. Explained that my credit rating was likely to be bl**dy awful - CCjs, debts registered - from bad times in the late 1990s, what with negative equity and everything. Lost £ooos on my house. Bad times, bad times. I've been grateful to NatWest for the account, the overdraft, the loan (which was for the charges racked up on my account, in essence) - everything. She said it would probably be OK: discharged bankrupts are able to have the Cash account. I wouldn't get a cheque book for at least three months but they would do SOs and DDs.

So we went through the opening procedure. As it turned out, the ID-ing was fine: they got me from the Electoral Roll and whatever else they use. Then: she said 'Now we do the credit scoring'.

Gulp!

(she took a deep breath, too!)

She pressed the button and....all fine. Nothing registered. I looked at the screen, so did she. I couldn't believe it, and neither could she, quite, because of the harrowing tale I'd told (briefly) about the problems, the CCJs (last one - 2 years ago - was Inland Revenue not agreeing the arrangement I'd put forward. The Court accepted my arrangement but gave judgement, in any case). I couldn't believe it - but then: all the financial issues, the CCJs and so on (except for Inland Revenue) were more than 6 years ago. Apparently, I was the first person for ages she didn't have to call head office about.

This is interesting. It was liberating - you can hardly believe the weight I felt fall from my shoulders. I've tried, over the past year or so, to negotiate loans from NatWest, either at my own instigation or by them suggesting and - no go. Don't rack up on the credit scoring.

I had thought - no, I'd firmly believed - for so long that I wasn't worth anything, that I was lucky to have a bank that would allow me a cheque/debit card, that i was, indeed, deeply fortunate to be allowed an overdraft and, a few years ago, a loan.

The experience of opening the parachute account helped me to realise something. It's a commercial relationship, nothing more (or less). But it was much more than that. Much, much more than that. It's about the relationship I've had with NatWest.

Psychiatrists, or maybe psychologists - counsellors and therapists, anyway - have a term for what's been going on between me and NatWest. It's called a co-dependent abusive relationship. The submissive partner - me, in this case - has feelings of worthlessness, and comes to depend on the abusive partner - the bank. The feeling of worthlessness is such that you become grateful for anything, no matter how humiliating it is. They have all the power, you have none, but they are prepared to notice you and pay some attention. They treat you with contempt - which, from their point of view, is no more than you deserve: you're a useless, submissive worm. But you are grateful: after all, no-one else will give you anything, you know that. You know it and believe it, deep in your heart.

Wrong.

Other people, outsiders, wonder why you stay in such an abusive situation. They wouldn't, they tell themselves. But you might. You might be gradually ground down, as I was. You might feel, or even believe, that you deserve the abuse. So you accept it, and you effectively beg for any attention you can get, no matter if it reinforces the appalling, negative image you've built up of yourself. You accept the refusals, the dismissals, as just, and no more than you deserve. You embrace each positive reaction as a huge favour. But it's all an abuse. As the introduction to the site says, the banks play on our innate feelings of morality, of equity and of justice and fair play. We have been brought up to believe that the banks are pillars of society, that they are above mere trade and commerce, that they are something Other. But they aren't: they're in business, like your mechanic, the market trader, the sandwich shop, Tesco's, anything. They are no more than traders and they actually produce: nothing. Not a damn thing. They add nothing of value, they merely facilitate transactions, nothing more.

So, opening the parachute account was a big step. Actually deciding to do it was, in fact, the Big Step. I have decided to be abused no more. Not only have I decided that, I've taken a real, positive and concrete step to do something about it, to do more than just talk about it or fantasise. I have decided to move away from the situation where I've been abused.

Yes, I've been lucky in the credit scoring and not everyone will get the same. But the Big Step was the decision to do it. My next tranche of income is going in to the new account. The standing orders and DDs will be transferred shortly before the next lump of income. The NatWest account will be in dispute and probably over the overdraft limit but I no longer worry about it. I'm not worried about the charges they'll levy because I now know they're illegal. I'm looking forward to finding out what my life will be like when I'm no longer putting up with someone looting my account to the tune of £300 or £400 a month.

NatWest isn't my children, it isn't my car (which needs to be repaired); it isn't the updated computer I would like to have in order to do my work, it isn't my wife's birthday present and it isn't my mother, who lives over 200 miles away and I haven't been able to get to see for over a year because I couldn't afford it. It isn't the heating oil company, who'd threatened to close my credit account - leaving me without heat this winter - because the DDs had been bounced - and while there was money available. It isn't the local authority, whose DD was bounced yet again this month, because of the charges. NatWest doesn't deserve any respect from me: it hasn't shown me any. It deserves neither consideration or fear from me.

I have my parachute account. I don't care that I won't have a chequebook for a few months. It will be a while before the case comes to court but, in my mind and in my heart, I'm now free.

If/when the euphoria fades, I'll let you know!

NOW read it again and believe ;)

Good Luck

Sarah

andrew1,

Excellent post, thank you.

Should be required reading!

Debt Collection Charges

Would make a good sticky.

Yes, Sarah - you'd make an excellent sticky! Should have you pinned tothe top of every thread.

:p

The post would make a good sticky, though.

Guest Markt20

Hi

I have a ongoing situation with Iqor and British Gas , On the 2nd November i got a letter from Iqor along with phone calls from 29th Ocotober to 2nd November they stated in a letter recivied on 2nd november they will be arraging a door step collector to visit my house , yet here we are 10th December still no further letters or phone calls from them , are you becoming lazy all of a sudden?

Any one had dealings with them before?

I have merged yet another thread, started by you, asking exactly the same question.

A question that has been answered many times!

The advice that you have been given is good advice and you should follow it with confidence.

If the answers that you have been given don't suit you then I'm afraid that you will have to live with it.

If you ask the same question, you will get the same answer.

We will tell you what you NEED to hear, not necessarily what you WANT to hear.

Now, if you follow the advice that you have already been given, you will start to move forwards.

Regards, Rooster-UK.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to people who had replied to a certain post, I had to unapprove those as well as the original post.

For those who are not aware (new users maybe):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thank you for reading and respecting the above. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Markt20

Hi , I have a ongoing issue with Iqor Recovery's they sent me a letter on 2nd Novemeber is regards to a debt with british gas services , stating they will be arraging a door step collection to visit my home . they also telephoned me since 29th Ocotober , Yet here i am 31st December no further contact from Iqor Recovery Services in regards to this debt , would it more then likly be passed to another DCA?

Markt20

as MTAR points out you have asked this question again and again, you have also been given good advice on the links referred but it would appear you have chosen to largely ignore it

Fact is, if you have had no contact with IQOR and you have not written to them as advised by myself and others in the past, and have not requested a copy of your credit agreement then i would suggest very shortly you may recieve a court summons as these people generally do not disappear into the darkness without being dealt with properly and since youve really failed to take any proactive action, it is highly likely this will happen

please stop asking the same question which you have had answers to, if you genuinely need help we will help however, if you dont follow the help and advice we give there is little we can do!!!!!!

also mark, ive found another thread that you started on the IQOR subject asking the same questions again here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/119566-iqor-recovery-services.html