I am going to court on thur (6th July), help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Manolo - no-one seems to be on the Scotland boards tonight!! Why not post in the Abbey area too?

I'm sure you're desperate for a response...

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said they intend to defend, does that mean that they might not turn up?? Hopefully, off to copy my post to Abbey and see if I get any more response tomorrow. Thanks, x

ABBEY Total £1277 First Claim £687 hearing date 6/7/06

BOS Total £1069

RBS 3/7/06 Statments arrived

NW Waiting on Statements Data Protection Act UP!!

SENT NON-COMP 28/6/06 sent letter to Data

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

My return date was yesterdayand i phoned the court today, and they are intending to defend,arghhhhh!!!! So I will be in court on the 6th of July at 10 am!!! Oh my god really scared now!!! Dont have a clue what I have to do or say. going to trawl this web site for as much info as poss. Does any one have any info on this? Thanks x

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

Do you have another thread about your case? Maybe we could give you some more information if we knew what you were talking about in full...

But, really, if you don't know what to do or say at this late stage... what have you been doing during the weeks leading up to your court date?!

OK I found you...

Firstly, it's EXTREMELY unlikely that they will actually turn up in court and actually defend their position. What will likely happen is that they will pay up this week and leave you JUST enough time to cancel.

Regarding Court Buddies, there's a link at the top of the page, called "Buddy System". Click it, enter your post code and it'll bring up reams of links to people in your area. Contact one close to you! (It doesn't give their names, or user names, just the distance from you and a link to contact them)...

Ah - all perfectly normal procedure from what I've read. Really - don't worry - no need to look out a court outfit yet!!!

I'm in the Scottish Borders, and I am more than happy to go with you if you need - but I don't think you'll need me! I have an appt on 6th, but I can cancel it if you give me enough notice. What court is it youare using? It will be Duns that I will be using when I get to this stage.

Have a look at some other threads (meagainstrbs is a good one) that have been through this. It will put your mind at ease.

Most of the banks say they 'intend to defend'. To date, not one of them has stepped foot in a courtroom yet.

Not to say it WON'T happen... but... well... Have a read of the others stories.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

My return date was yesterdayand i phoned the court today, and they are intending to defend,arghhhhh!!!! So I will be in court on the 6th of July at 10 am!!! Oh my god really scared now!!! Dont have a clue what I have to do or say. going to trawl this web site for as much info as poss. Does any one have any info on this? Thanks x

Have you read Bankfodders post here?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/641-case-guidance-notes-going.html

and also the Scottish Courts website here

Small Claims Guidance Notes

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

Sorry for starting too many threads mods, i will make sure i keep it to one from now on. I am hoping it doesn't go to court, and up till my court date i have read all the court guides on the scottish court web site, read all the information on going to court on this web site and tried to track down and read as many threads that have got to this point as possible. Plus internet searches. Give me it back dont worry about thur, if I have to go to court I will manage, no need for you to miss your appiontment. Hope i get a letter from them soon. x

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

I'm happy to come if you are scared. Honestly. I do understand that you (and me!) are new to this whole thing. Not only going to court, but also finding our way round this site, and its rules.

Please let me know if you want me to come on Thursday, and please keep us updated on your progress.

Don't worry.:)

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Hi manolo,

Please don't panic - I very much doubt that you will actually end up in court on Thurdays - although I know its easy for me to say.

Stay calm, keep reading and I'm sure that the only reason no-one's replying is that this hasn't happened to anyone yet! I would maybe email dave or BankFodder (site administrators) as they will certainly be very interested in helping if you do end up in court.

Maybe also phone Govan Law Centre for some advice. They are very up on bank charges claiming, so I've heard.

Keep us updated!

meagainstrbs

Hi Manolo

Any news from them yet? From what I have read, they tend to take you right to the wire though - so you might not hear until 4.30pm this afternoon...

Do keep us updated...

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Nothing in the post this morning and no other form of contact, so i guess all is go for tomorrow. I am getting quite excited now at the prospect of being able to prove them wrong. All my paperwork and questions and stuff are ready and my court outfit is looked out. One question though, If they pull out at the last min how will I know? I know I will find out tomorrow if they dont turn up, just wondering if i would be notified. I have already phoned the court and double checked they are still intending to defend.

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

I'm really not sure... I'm hoping that one of the others (who have been through this already) will respond... I REALLY do doubt that they will show...

Try calling the court again as late as possible tonight (4.45pm-ish) I think I'm right in believing they like to make us sweat!!!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

good luck, I doubt they'll turn up! keep us all informed!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

my boyfriend seems to think that they have up till one hour before the case is heard to remove there intent to defend(not sure on this), which would be 9am tomorrow. Anyway I am all ready to go and fight my case, anything less will just be a nice surprise. Court closes at five today so I am going to phone just before that. The sheriff clerk will be so fed up hearing form me today.

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

Guest Mumofthreeboys
my boyfriend seems to think that they have up till one hour before the case is heard to remove there intent to defend(not sure on this), which would be 9am tomorrow. Anyway I am all ready to go and fight my case, anything less will just be a nice surprise. Court closes at five today so I am going to phone just before that. The sheriff clerk will be so fed up hearing form me today.

Have you pm'd a mod so they can help and advise you, although I must say you sound very composed and 'in control'.

I'll be thinking of you xxxxx

I am aware of the situation, unfortunately do not have experience of the Scottish Court system. I am trying to get another mod with that knowledge, but presume that some are still getting back from work etc.

ok so court is closed for the night and they are still intending to defend. Going into work for a bit, then home to re-read over my notes and evidence and tripple check i have everything. Then beauty sleep so I can be in fighting mode tomorrow!

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

Wishing you the very best of luck. Not that you need luck, you have right on your side.

Do you have someone going with you? If not, we will be with you in spirit.

Wishing you the very best of luck. Not that you need luck, you have right on your side.

Do you have someone going with you? If not, we will be with you in spirit.

I am sure Robertxc will be along soon with some help and advice, if not PM him he has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the small claims court.

Good luck Manolo!! You sound very in control - I'm proud of you!

As Alan says, I expect a chummy Scot will message later with some previous knowledge of this.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

well it turns out i dont have to work tonight so all the more time to revise my argument! Yay

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks