Can we give a bank a default notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would it be possible to issue a default notice against a bank if they have defaulted in their contract to us?

I don't know if we did how effective it would be as do they ever need to seek credit?

If not what about the bank directors?

I may be barking totally up the wrong tree here but it was a stray thought on a Friday afternoon......

Have a good weekend!

Gx

well... no, there is no need to do this.

However, it is always fun - if the debt is greater than £750 and undisputed - to send a company a statutory demand.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

THEIR IS NO REASON IN LAW SAYING YOU CANT DEFAULT A BANK BUT THE CONSEQUENCES AGAINST A BANK WOULD BE MASSIVE,AS FOR THEM NOT BORROWING MONEY barclays borrowed 2.8 bill northern rock upto 36.bill and others so they all have to borrows for loans and mortgages...just make sure they owe the money

patrickq1

link to all ministers e mails

E-mail addresses of UK Government Ministers

What a great idea, I got a letter from my bank saying no credit agreement was entered into yet they chased me for £500 overdraft and defaulted me.You could do it for fun.

Noticed in other threads: defaukpohraror v woolwich building society [1996] C.L.C. 510 a default compensation was set by the judge at £1000

The answer is that you can't. The credit register is operated by the various agencies and they have arrangements with various institutions whereby those institutions supply the agency with personal credit data and in return the agencies will store the data each on their own centralised database and allow those same institutions to access the database in order to carry out credit checks against any individual who has given them permission to do so. If you are not a person who is party to one of these arrangements then you have no right to search the agency database or to communicate data to it.

the only way that data can be communicated to it would be as a result of a County Court judgment.

the agencies also design and supply algorithms to various commercial institutions which then allow the database search to be translated into a credit score which it then used to make a lending decision.

Don't think that your bank or other lender has to write or call the agency to access their database. They don't. Each institution has direct access to the database and can upload information about you directly without any consultation or scrutiny by the agency or any other person or body.

the only way that data can be communicated to it would be as a result of a County Court judgment +...isnt this the correct procedure and ask the judge to order the credit reference agancies to report this as such or do you think a judge would not order a default notice because i am sure if i had a default notice through the courts against a bank i would personally write to every bank worldwide to advertise the fact i had a default judgement against them they are not above the law the banks as big as they are have one fear A DEFAULT AGAINST THEM