Prescription error - but whose?

pkmk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope that someone can advise...

My 16 year old daughter was issued a (hand written?) prescription by a practise nurse at the GP surgery.

3 months later she was issued a "repeat" prescription, hand written by the same nurse.

Both times the same pharmacy was used.

2 or 3 days after starting this latter batch, she had a total black out and collapsed, broke her leg and spent 12 weeks in plaster. She had never suffered anything like it before, nor has she since. I tried to found out why, but so far the pharmacy have been unable to show me the original prescription (they have been looking for over 6 months), but according to their computer records did in fact issue different tablets.

Is there another way other than through the pharmacy of seeing prescription forms?

Hi pkmk, welcome to CAG :)

Sorry, I've just noticed that you haven't received a response to your thread yet. When your daughter went to hospital after the blackout, were any tests carried out to find out why this occurred/whether the tablets the nurse prescribed were contributed?

Also, have you checked with the nurse who originally prescribed to find out what tablets your daughter should have had (according to her records?)

If you post back with some additional info, hopefully somebody should be able to advise you further.

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi :) welcome to CAG,

My siter in law's a GP, and she tells me that regardless of wether the GP or Practice nurse issued a handwritten prescription it will have been documented on your daughters notes along with a brief reason why she was prescribed the medication, as her parent you are entitled to write to "The practice Manager" and request:

1. A copy of her medical records, which will include that particular visit with the nurse.

2. An appointment with the practice nurse and the GP to discuss the consequences of your daughter having taken the meds if her accident was indeed as a direct result of this medication.

Hope she's better soon.

Jas

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...