Tiscali charging policy / Authorative advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone (Hello Dr Nick!) Sorry. :rolleyes:

I've been waging a minor war with Tiscali over the last few months over their well known practice of continuing to charge even after disconnection. The issue will soon be at least half-way resolved, at which point I'll put up a post detailing what I've done etc.

In the meantime a senior customer services chap at another ISP made a very interesting statement which would effect the industry in general and anyone who's been similarly overcharged.

He's going to put it into writing for me and post it on. What I'm hoping for is someone who can help me understand the ramifications of this, esp. from the "ability of consumers to sue" point of view.

I must note that this is very definitely in my professional sphere as a journalist. Of course I'd love to hear from someone willing to speak on the record, but I'd be grateful if anyone who felt they could help me on an informal basis was to get in touch.

Please feel free to PM me or reply to the post.

Many Thanks

Prelim letter to HBOS -- 15/01/08

LBA to HBOS -- 30/01/08

Complaint to OFT Re: HBOS -- 30/01/08

I'm a professional journalist. If you would like to talk in confidence about your experiences, please feel free to PM me.

Hi, I have no experience of this but as a customer of Tiscali I would be interested to hear what you have to say

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed