Fridge Freezer Dented on delivery

Gallen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys - Ive been going crazy this morning!

We bought a fridge freezer from Comet 12th Jan 08, with a delivery date 16th jan 08. We paid for delivery, and had to get someone to be in all morning to wait there so it could be delivered.

When we got home, we noticed it was significantly dented around knee height on both sides where it has been badly unloaded and man handled.

We asked Comet to replace the unit - to which they have agreed but cant do so until 4th Feb 08.

We have just had a £50 invoice (today) from the plumber who was booked in at 9am the following morning to plumb it in as he was not able to do so.

Also, we can not continue our kitchen re-furb until this is plumbed in as it is right in the way.

Comet offered us £75 to keep it, followed immediately by a revised £100. It is a free standing unit so we just want a new one - whats the point of accepting it for a measly £100 and having to live with the dents.

I have been on the phone today to them. I explained the problem and was passed around in circles.

I said we would accept it for a £250 reduction due to the dents being so prominant. Theyhave refused saying that £100 is the max (even though we are now seriously in a position where we cant continue work and even keep our food fresh - we only have a Larder fridge which was there when we moved in but it is broken and we are now keeping stuff in a plastic container outside our back door).

I asked them to collect it immediately to get it out of our way - we dont want it here if it cant be plumbed in and we can;t move it around our kitchen due to size. Also, they had to remove then replace the doors to get it through doorways. They have refused to collect it and have said that they will not do so until the replacement is delivered on the 4th February - in which case I advised them that I will charge £10 per day storage until it is collected (I have given them the option to collect immediately and they declined).

Also, I now have no fridge or freezer (which was paid for immediately on 12th january, Delivered 16th Jan, new one coming 4th Feb - We can not store food although they have said we can use it but there is no point loading it up as we will not be there to unload it,plus if we damage/spill something inside then there could be implications)

To add insult to injury, on Friday the LG Solardom Microwave/Cooker we bought from them Dec12th 2007 has developed a faulty seal and we can not use it! Grrrrrrrrrr. They have said they will have to send an engineer to inspect it (fine - but we both work full time and it is difficult! We now only have a gas hob)

Where do I stand? I feel I should be compensated for the plumber, having to down tools, plus the fact we will not having a fridge or freezer until 4th Feb - even though it's all paid for. Oh, and the £10 per day storage (which they said they do not beleive they will pay - to which I replied I do beleive I am storing it in my kitchen as you ave declined to collect) not to mention having to arrange being there for new collection/replacement at our cost no doubt.

I now have to write in to their investigations department. I can not eMail as they do not accept eMail as a formal way of communication.

Any advice please greatly appreciated.

Many thanks guys.

Gallen.

As they have suggested you should put your complaints in writing and send to their complaints/investigation department. Include the price of the plumber in your complaint as this cost was incurred as a direct result of them delivering faulty/damaged goods.

If they do not handle your complaint to your satisfaction and reimburse your losses then you may consider contacting your local TS and asking what steps they recommend in this case.

I hope this helps and I hope that others will jump in with more advice.