Non Payment Of Working Tax Credit

CRED
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unlike most people who have been overpaid working tax I have a problem with non payment!. Having been on Income support for some time, I found a job and was 'fast tracked' for working tax/child credit from my local job center plus and told to expect payment the week after I started work (11th December 2007) the money never appeared and all they could tell me was that it was saying awaiting award and they did n't know why I had not been paid, I phoned almost on a daily basis and was told on Monday11th January 2008 that payment would appear in my account today 11th January and be back dated.I made lots of promises to gas/telephone etc tat I would be able tp pay today, but lo and behold the money was n't in my account. I rang working tax only to discover that they had input a wrong digit into the computer and the payment appreared to have gone into another account, I have been told that they will have to trace the money before they can reissue- I have asked for a giro in lieu of the money they owe me as it's not my fault they made a mistake but they have said that is n't possible and that it could be 2 weeks minimum before I get my money-I an struggling to pay transport and child care jobs and feel that I may have to give up my job if I can't afford to carry on-although I don't want to do this-any advice would be welcome

I've checked my accounts and your expected money hasn't come to me sadly hehehehehehe

My Brother started work on Nov 5th and as yourself has said, the job centre fast tracked his working tax credits forms etc, on Dec 11th he recieved the very 1st payment from them, plus the backdated money, he now gets the tax credits every week on a tuesday...

My own working tax credits only took 5 weeks to sort and start getting paid, which i now recieve on a monthly basis (monday) ...

Hold on it there, things will get sorted, i truely think wtc depts are getting better...

Can you not get assitance from the bank, in a way of arranged over-draft to cover things the wtc would be, just on a temp basis...

Now you have recified the incorrect account number, all remaining tax credits will be paid on time, its just the 1st one that has gone astray, so by now you would have got another payment so near back on track.... did you opt for weekly payments or monthly which will depend on the sum of credits given and owed....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Still not got the money! I asked for weekly payments, does anyone know if I can send a letter before action and then proceed to a small claims court? I have written to my MP and also David Cameron-in view of his benefit reform plans, they paid the money into the wrong account again and plamed the computer! so now I am really struggling

Sorry to hear your still having a nightmare in getting your entitlement of tax credits paid into the correct account, the information on the computer, is only as good as the person whom inputted the information to start with, i really dought wether you can cca them, as there a state run dept, but someone with better knowledge might be able to say yes or no on that.....

I would bombard them with daily phone calls, sometimes two or three times, i can-not see why for any reason why there cant just automate another payment into the correct account the same day, there have twice paid ur entitlement into the wrong account, think you need to stsrt been harsher with them, and explain the hardship that you are now enduring.....keep at them matey, its ur entitlement, so make sure you get it....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

You have the right to expect a reasonable standard of service from the people dealing with benefits, tax credits and national insurance. If you have received poor service or have been disadvantaged because of errors or a slow response, you should complain.

Service standards includes things such as meeting target times for dealing with claims . Most agencies that deal with benefits, including local authorities, will have a charter or statement of standards of service that sets out and what you can expect.

Call the Tax Credits and tell the that you intend to make a complaint about the delays and inefficiency.

This is their complaints procedure: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/factsheets/complaints-factsheet.pdf

You can also complain to the Adjudicator: Adjudicator's Office Home Page

Shywazz's advice about bombarding the with calls is very good- maybe they have some procedures about making interim, emergency payments that we don't know about.

Other then that, it seems that you are doing all that is possible. LBA and SCC is not the route to use in this circumstance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]