Newbie wonders if she can reclaim PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

(I'm new and seriously need help with figuring out if I can claim back my PPI)

OK, in November 2003 I took out a personal loan with Woolwich for 1500.00. The loan was repayable over 18 months and I was told I needed the PPI. I was employed at the time and the PPI was included into the loan agreement, something which I thought was normal. I accepted the loan including the PPI and started to repay the loan monthly. The repayments were 105.04 monthly, the loan was calcualted as follows:

Loan - 1500.00

Loan interest - 206.04 = 1706.04

PPI Premium - 162.42

PPI Interest - 22.26 = 184.68

Total Amount Payable (Loan) = 1706.04 )

Total Amount Payable (PPI) = 184.68 ) GRAND TOTAL 1890.72

Monthly Instalment (Loan) = 94.78

Monthly Instalment (PPI) = 10.26 GRAND TOTAL 105.04

APR = 17.900%

Total Monthly Instalments = 18 months

Then, in August 2004 I lost my home (repossessed due to a court order informing me of the need to sell to satisfy my son's share of the estate being dealt with by probate due to my partner dying intestate). Due to the stress upon me, my employer had terminated my contract, saying that I had reached the end of my Probation period and seeing as my son had to have grief counselling and I needed time off to accompany him they thought it was better to terminate the contract.

No job = no income and loan repayments, I explained to Woolwich what had happened and they put the squeeze on me for the money.. So, I had to go to Welcome Finance for a loan to repay the balance as I had found a new job, but paying less than the first.. I repaid the remainder of the loan, a sum by now of approx 740.00 in the late months of 04 or the early months of 05 (cannot remember the exact date but will find out).

So, can anybody tell me, where do I stand? Can I claim anything back? Although the loan is finished, am I in my time-frame? I don't understand a thing about all of this, just that its another case of the banks making fortunes out of us mugs (grrrr!!!)

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thank you!!!!!

Dons2008 x x x x :rolleyes: ;-) 8)

I presume that they refused to pay out on the PPI?

If so, then it would seem to have been missold - I am also assuming that you had not been in full-time permanent employment for more than six months, as you say that you were still in the probationary period.

Have a good read through the stickies at the top of the PPI forum, but it would seem that you have a good claim.

I have checked through my old filing box of documents and have found a Friends Provident policy for life, critical illness, unemployment etc. that I was paying into at the time of taking out the loan as above (start date 29/09/03, valid for one year and then the renewed policy for 2004)- is this enough to use as a reason to claim? I was also covered on my insurance that Ford provided me when I bought my car brand new..

Thoughts please??!!

:???: :???: :| 8)

Thanks

Also, as an afterthought, how do I work out how much to claim/how much of my policy is repayable?? I'm not thick but certainly no Carol Vorderman, can someone help with some number crunching please??!

Thank youuu!!

xxx

• 1 month later...

Need more advice****** pleeeease ;)

I sent my initial 8 week 'You have missold me PPI and I want it back or FOS' letter to Barclays on 14 January - the 8th week is up on Monday 10th March....

What is my next move? If anyone can give me any pointers/advice at all I would be grateful as they haven't even acknowledged my letter and I'm fuming... so Pi55ed at the way Barclays do not attempt to deal with anything. I'm half bloody tempted to fax the letter to them right now.....

To55ers......................

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad: :mad:

• 1 month later...

OK - Update time -

13 March 2008 (after 3 faxes!)

Dear Dons2008

Thank you for your letter which was received at this office on 10 March 2008 regarding the service you have experienced from Barclays, I am sorry that you had cause to complain.

A copy of your feedback has been sent to the manager for the relevant area who will arrange to thave the matter fully invrstigated and for somebody to contact you should hear back by 08/04/08. I have enclosed our leaflet 'Dont hold back your feedback' explaining how Barclays works to resolve its complaints, I hope you find it useful.

Joanne Thomson

(Patronising or what!?)

Then - Saturday morning (5 April ) the following arrives

Dear Dons2008

In our previous letter we promised to keep you updated on our progress of our investigation.

We are still currently investigating the matter and I apologise for the continued delay.

We remain committed to resolving your complaint and will contact you again by 7 May. If you would like to discuss this matter please contact us on 0845 609 0806

Thank you for your continued patience

David Hughes

So - now - do I

a) ring them and have a stand off over the telephone over how they have bought themselves yet another month by sending me another bu775h1tting letter, or do I

b) fax them a 'I am sooo disgusted at your lack of attention and urgency that I am going to excalate my complaint to the FOS this afternoon' letter?

Not only that, evey letter I get (and have received from them in the past has a different administrators name on the bottom, so nobody is actually dealing with the file on a continuous basis, just chucked around all over the office from what I can see....

GRRRRRRRR!!!!

D

OK - Update time -

13 March 2008 (after 3 faxes!)

Dear Dons2008

Thank you for your letter which was received at this office on 10 March 2008 regarding the service you have experienced from Barclays, I am sorry that you had cause to complain.

A copy of your feedback has been sent to the manager for the relevant area who will arrange to thave the matter fully invrstigated and for somebody to contact you should hear back by 08/04/08. I have enclosed our leaflet 'Dont hold back your feedback' explaining how Barclays works to resolve its complaints, I hope you find it useful.

Joanne Thomson

(Patronising or what!?)

Then - Saturday morning (5 April ) the following arrives

Dear Dons2008

In our previous letter we promised to keep you updated on our progress of our investigation.

We are still currently investigating the matter and I apologise for the continued delay.

We remain committed to resolving your complaint and will contact you again by 7 May. If you would like to discuss this matter please contact us on 0845 609 0806

Thank you for your continued patience

David Hughes

So - now - do I

a) ring them and have a stand off over the telephone over how they have bought themselves yet another month by sending me another bu775h1tting letter, or do I

b) fax them a 'I am sooo disgusted at your lack of attention and urgency that I am going to excalate my complaint to the FOS this afternoon' letter?

Not only that, evey letter I get (and have received from them in the past has a different administrators name on the bottom, so nobody is actually dealing with the file on a continuous basis, just chucked around all over the office from what I can see....

GRRRRRRRR!!!!

D

Hello,

I truely do know how frustrating these matters are, but bear in mind,they are possibly digging a bigger hole for themselves.

Do not ring them, unless you can record the conversation. You need evidence in a paper trail if your complaint does escalate to the FOS or court.

Write to them and tell them you are extremely disappointed in their complaints procedure and that you now wish a response to your complaint. Tell them that it is totally unacceptable that you are receiving various response from differing employees and that you wish to receive all letters from a single named employee for continuity.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi

Luckily I have a paper trail complete with notes, so not too bad but the conversation I had with Barclays yesterday was hilarious.......:lol:

D: Hi I am ringing regarding a letter rec'd from you on 5 April in respect of a letter sent to you on 10th Jan (which has a Royal Mail POD dated 11th Jan) In my letter I asked for a resolution in 8 weeks time...

Barclays: do you have a ref no?

D: Yes - its loan agreement number xxxxxxxx

B: Cant find you on the system - can I take your name and first line of address?

D Yes its Dons2008 and my add is 123 anystreet

B: OK - we rec'd your letter on 10 March 2008

D: Well I have POD of 11/01/08 - so you have received it and sat on it since January

B: No we haven't

D: Um, yes you have

B: Well it was received here by fax 10 March

D: Well I faxed it 9th March - Why can't you just agree that you received it on the day I sent it? I have a fax transmission sheet to prove it! Or even admit that the letter was received at Barclays HQ on 11/01/08..

B: Ok, we had it since 9th March - and looking at your letter - we are having trouble locating the loan agreement ... We do not have a copy of the paperwork

D: (Gets mad) Excuse me? You don't have a copy of my loan documents? What kind of archiving system do you use?

B: Well.... the loan was taken out with the Woolwich...

D: Yes and?

B: Well... We are Barclays..

D: Yes and you took over the Woolwich - You took them over as a whole company, fixtures, fittings....?

B: Yes...

D: Correct me if I'm wrong but you would have taken over the Woolwich's files, past and present...?

B: Yes.

D: And the loan was taken out in 2003 so bearing in mind the statutory period for keeping documents is 6 years, they should still be there, should they not?

B: Yes

D: So how come you haven't got my file?

B: I don't know.....

D: I find this a bit odd - I have a complete copy of all my loan documents, yet you, the lender does not...

B: Yes - actually can you send them to me so that I can get this matter investigated?

D: With respect I find that request incredulous - chuckle chuckle chuckle - now how would you like me to send them to you?

B: By fax - or post...?

D: I will fax them to you - then I know that they have been received by you - whats your fax number there?

B: Its 01133 898473

D: Ok I will get them over to you now

B: Thank you very much - I am so sorry about the delay, I don't know how come we don't have these documents

D: Please - don't apologise, I come to expect nothing less of your company.. You can see from my letter that I would be copying my complaint to the FOS?

B: Yes...

D: Well in your courtesy letter you advised me that my complaint would be investigated and I would receive feedback by 7 May - if I do not receive a satisfactory outcome by midnight 6 May, I will contact the FOS with my complaint, including my conversation with you today and the fact that you didn't have a copy of my loan details on file.

B: Ok, I will pick up the fax and make a start on it for you to day Dons2008. Once again I do apologise - I really don't know what has happened.

D: Ok thats fair enough, I may even raise an enquiry into how and why you didn't have the documents to conduct the investigation - in the meantime I will give you the benefit of the doubt and see what you have to say to me by 6th May

B: Thank you

D: Goodbye

What a joke - no copy of my file?? Does this constitue a breach of rules somewhere or something?? Anyone know?

Thank you!

D :confused::-D

Don't send them anything - if they have lost your credit agreement, the debt is unenforceable (Assuming the account is live).

Equally, it is their responsability to prove they did not mis-sell the PPI - if they have lost the documents, they can't prove it can they!

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Hi Bog

I paid the loan back in full in late 04/early 05.. I am looking for the refund of PPI.. they are so incompetent!!!

Oh I see :)

I think they are going to have one hell of a job proving the PPI was not mis-sold :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)