hello and happy new year

plato888
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there guys this looks like such a fantastic site its great to know there are people out there willing to help others........my issue is with an old student loan from a previous degree in 1999. I completed a degree in catering management and since then have contracted rheumatoid arthritis meaning I cannot work now. I desperately want to go back to university to study something new with a view to perhaps being able to work again in a job which isnt physically demanding. My 2 main concerns are that a/ my LEA wont award me anything as I already have an honours degree and b) Student Loans wont lend to me because of my old loan (ccj status) and I cannot find another way of financing the 2 year HND i want to do. Can anyone help with ideas or suggestions ?:) cheers in advance, Simon

*Caution I am scottish and this advice may not apply to the rest of the UK *

I'm afraid there's not much you can do to be honest. Usually the government will only fund you until you get your first degree and I don't think there are any exceptions to this rule except perhaps the post grad in teaching. Colleges usually have a fund for people who are inelligable for government funding but they tend to be given to people doing shorter, less expensive courses like NVQs and they do not cover living costs, only fees and (if you're lucky) travel expenses. You could try to use your degree to get you into a more suitable role as not everyone is employed in the field that they got their degree in.

Just to be certain contact a disability adviser at the job centre.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)