TOScali - rock, hard place and my ADSL subscription

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I think im stuck between a rock and a hard place and I hope that one of you may be able to show me a way forward.

OK here goes:

About a year ago I migrated away from Tiscali to B.E. Unlimited using a MAC code. Job done and all working great. Recently I noticed that tOScali have still been charging me for the period I have been with BE (about 12 months). I phoned toscali and spoke to them about it, to which they have now cancelled the account and they would send through a refund. I got the refund, all 5quid of it!!

I promtly phoned them and asked where the other 190 odd quid is to which I was told they would need a letter from BE to state my start date from them. I have spoken to BE and they are unable to provide on headed paper (required by Toscali) but have provided me an electronic copy. Toscali have told me that the electronic copy is not sufficient.

I have asked toscali why they kept charging me and they claim that I did not cancel the account. Surely the fact I used a MAC code and WENT to BE using it should of been sufficient!!!!

Am I stuffed? Do I kiss goodbye to the almost 200quid or is there anyone out there who can help me?

On a general note, there are two typos in the address they have for me, guess what, they won't accept corrections to this over the phone and also need a utility bill/other proof to correct them!!! Unbelievable!!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

Unfortuately these big companies are the same their call centres are packed with kids who really do not give a T*SS but want the money!

ANyway I suggest that you send a recorded del letter outlining the issue again, but not to the usual cust service department. Try companies house for the registered address and then write to one of the directors, say the Sales Director...You will prob not get them, but their secretary may be able to sort things out a lot quicker than the kids...

Hope that gives you another angle to pursue?

Penfold

Have you tried escalating this to team leader / manager within the call centre? This often helps, as they have more authority to deal with complaints. If you do, though, make a point of asking for the manager's name and position, as it is common practice to just hand the phone to another team member and just fob the customer off even further. I find that in 90% of cases, these things can be resolved with just a little persistence.

Have you tried escalating this to team leader / manager within the call centre? This often helps, as they have more authority to deal with complaints. If you do, though, make a point of asking for the manager's name and position, as it is common practice to just hand the phone to another team member and just fob the customer off even further. I find that in 90% of cases, these things can be resolved with just a little persistence.

I agree there...

HI guys

well, its worked out brilliantly actually! The guys at B.E. have saved my fat wobbly one and gone out of there way to scan in the original letter they sent me and email me a PDF copy. I just need to print this out and post it at the weekend. Net result is a win for me!:D :D

Guess its just another example of one company having excellent customer service and another being .... well, less than excellent.

Many thanks for your help guys!