costs added to coucil tax letter

k65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the background

i entered into an agreement with the coucil, who bundled all my council tax arrears into one amount including £75.00 costs and i pay a set amount each month for 17 months.

i recently recieve an agreement from them that is completly different from the original agreement entered into some 9 months back.

i made sure ALL outstanding amounts and the current years tax was included in the original, the new agreement is for 12 payments starting jan 08 also included is another £75.00 costs.

my question is the £75.00 costs anyone know what this is for could i treat this as the bank costs, in so much as if the charge for the costs is greater than the actual amount of the costs would this seem an unfair charge?

i have written to the council for them to explain why they sent the new agreement and asked them to explain the costs and why i am being charged again when all can see that would have cost them, is 1 letter and 2nd class post.

by the way i have paid all payments as agreed.

i hope someone can shed some light on this and i will let you know what they say when i recieve a reply.

p.s it is not court costs as they whereincluded in the amounts owed before the £75.00 costs

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect they will tell you that the £72 is admin costs for reveiwing your situation.

All you can do is wait for their reply and let us know what they say.

If you feel the charges are unfair you can ask them for a refund especially if these cahrges were not made clear to you beforehand.