CRB checks

helly1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not strictly consumer issues but thought there may be some knowledgably person amongst the caggers who could help.

a friend did something very silly 15 -16 yrs ago and received a condtiional discharge which he didnt realise constituted a conviction. he has had 2 police subject access checks for visa applications to work/live abroad (first in 2001 the 2nd 2006) which didn not show any criminal record and an enhanced CRB this year which also stated no convictions etc. he has been offered another job which requires an enhanced crb and does not know whether he need to declare the conditional discharge as he does not know why this hasnt shown up if it is classed as a criminal conviction. can anyone advise on this one, have to admit i am a bit stumped!

Standard Disclosure

This is primarily available to anyone involved in working with children or vulnerable adults, as well as certain other occupations and entry into professions as specified in the Exceptions Order to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Standard Disclosures show current and spent convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the Police National Computer. If the post involves working with children or vulnerable adults, the following may also be searched:

• Protection of Children Act (POCA) List
  • Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA) List
  • Information that is held under Section 142 of the Education Act 2002 (formerly known as List 99)

Enhanced Disclosure

This is the highest level of check available to anyone involved in regularly caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of children or vulnerable adults. It is also available in certain licensing purposes and judicial appointments. Enhanced Disclosures contain the same information as the Standard Disclosure but with the addition of any relevant and proportionate information held by the local police forces.

The CRB recognises that the Standard and Enhanced Disclosure information can be extremely sensitive and personal, therefore it has published a Code of Practice and employers’ guidance for recipients of Disclosures to ensure they are handled fairly and used properly.

A copy of the Standard or Enhanced Disclosure will be sent out to the applicant as well as the Registered Body.

I would imagine it depends on how long the police kept his records,unless it's for sex offenders records do usually get erased after a certain period of time.

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone...I have a very good chance of being offered employment within a care home, and have never been in trouble with the authorities, or received any fines or convictions. However, my son spent some time in prison associated with drugs, so I presume that this will show up on my enhanced crb check...but in your opinions, do you think that will automatically rule me out of getting the job?

Enhanced DBS is on an individual, so a close relative having a conviction is immaterial, in absence of e.g. "Other information at discretion of chief officer of police"

When you fill the form in it only asks about the person applying and you only have to provide proof of your own identity.

Nothing referring to a third party will show up when your enhanced check comes back - at least nothing has ever come back about other people related to, or living with me.

Feebee_71