Carter/freds claimform - cat 'debt' **WON DISC'D***

mikecymru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 threads merged. Please keep to one thread - it makes your progress a lot easier to follow. Thanks.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 months later...

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to let you know that we got a letter from Bryan carter to say that they would not be pursuing the matter further.

I havent heard anything since..

Thankyou for all your help

Result:grin:

Best regards

Mike

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to let you know that we got a letter from Bryan carter to say that they would not be pursuing the matter further.

I havent heard anything since..

Thankyou for all your help

Result:grin:

Best regards

Mike

RESULT, im pleased for you

now very important

call the court and make sure they have discontinued the claim.

then keep that letter very very safe

still im very very pleased its the result we were looking for after all

regards

paul

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi,

I wonder if someone could give me some advice please.

My wife received a letter from Fredpay and another from Bryan Carter, They claim she owes £115 to a company called Phoenix recoveries (ref debt with Littlewoods). The debt dates back to 2002.

She has no record of the debt so we ignored the letters.

We now have a summons from Northampton County court, What should we do now?

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi stop before you write to them .

Check out your rights, there is an 8 year law which says that a debt is no longer enforcable. so after 8 years they can send you as many letters as they like you dont ahve any legal reason to pay them as long as you have 'NOT' written to them acknowledging the debt within this period, that include offering a low payment.

Hope this helps. and

PS they cannot tell you how much you should be paying if you have to pay this you can offer £1 per month and they have to accept it.

Check Your Rights.

Tom

Tom,I see this is your first post.When replying to a thread,it's often a good idea to see if it's current and/or resolved. This has not been replied to since 2008,so it's long dead.It's also been sorted-the poster has had a letter from the DCA stating they won't be pursuing it. Have a look for some much more recent threads to help with as you seem keen to offer sensible advice.

Hi stop before you write to them .

Check out your rights, there is an 8 year law which says that a debt is no longer enforcable. so after 8 years they can send you as many letters as they like you dont ahve any legal reason to pay them as long as you have 'NOT' written to them acknowledging the debt within this period, that include offering a low payment.

offering to pay the debt is not necessarily in all cases admission - esp where threats and lies have been made, 'admission under duress' plays its part here.

and its 6yrs for statute barring not 8yrs

Hope this helps. and

PS they cannot tell you how much you should be paying if you have to pay this you can offer £1 per month and they have to accept it.

Check Your Rights.

Tom

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...