HFO/First Direct

sillygirl1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A postcard was given to me by the postman today stating a company called First Direct Logistics Limited were trying to contact my landlord (one of three brothers who own this flat) and needed instructions from him to deliver a packet...

The postman said don't take any action over the card as it was a [problem] as First Direct are the diggers for HFO Services and its their way of confirming contact. The postcard was posted 2nd class (22p) which again added to my suspicions. HFO and First Direct Logistics are both registered at the same address so that again means 'bin the card or report it to the police'.

I'll advise my landlord accordingly but he is already quite clued up on this. Funny thing is we have a very safe place to leave packets and parcels and even Parcelforce leave parcels for our address there.

DONT reply to a card like this, if it is a genuine courier they would stick it directly through your letterbox, not send it via Royal Mail second class - do they think we are THAT stupid....

Thanks for that Sillygirl1, I am sure there are people who would make contact on the basis of receiving this card. Glad you had a clued up Postie!

Thanks again for letting us know about this [problem], it's just another form like 'Telogram'!

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

As I said if it was a genuine courier company they would have posted a note directly - not send it via 2nd class mail.

Definately a 'telogram'. I used to get a lot of those in my old place for a former occupier and just ignored them. In the end I got the post office to redirect the mail for her back to sender.

I've spoken to the landlord today and he says he knows what the ref is and he will give the card to his solicitor for further action as it refers to a debt he had a while ago which was cleared. He says its because he changed his job recently and his new employers credit checked him that he's been getting a lot of junk mail sent.