Internet Co Blocking My Friends Computer Saying She Owes Money

doingmyheadin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes the Spybot lark seems to be getting out of hand....but again thanks to all who offered info on the original subject...it was most appreciated...i'll leave you all now to batter out the spyware issue, should you so wish!!

Hopefully meet up with some of you in future should other issues arise.:p:):-D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first of all, disconnect from internet if you are connected.

Remove all the spyware programs like ad-aware, antispyware, windows defender... Becuse if you have more than one, it will confuse your system.

snip

Sorry, have to disagree. I have SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware and a-squared on my computer as well as Avast AV and Comodo Pro firewall.

It is the firewall you only need one of (will confuse the system if you have more than one) and if your AV is good, then you only need one of those too but a single anti spyware/malware program doesn't pick up on everything, no harm using different ones from time to time.

id also get something to clean your registry files too, reg vac etc just be sure theres nothing left behind by the little monster ;)

honey x

Thanx Honey...already ran Registry Repair Wizard 2007 to clean up any mess left behind by the offending malware. Will checek out the spyware /av over the weekend and take on board some of the advice flying around here...:)

It is the firewall you only need one of (will confuse the system if you have more than one)

lol OH got around that a few weeks ago; we now have the router firewall and his own standalone firewall. It confused the network at first, but he tweaked it a bit and it works fine now, even lets P2P through with no problem.

I will stake my reputation on the brilliance of Spybot and the crappiness of Symantec. ZoneLab's ZoneAlarm gets the thumbs down too - only because it seems to cause more problems on my particular PC than solve them. ZA is a pet hate of mine, purely irrational, but as OH keeps reminding me, he's the SysAdmin, not me, and he says it stays :rolleyes:

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

lol OH got around that a few weeks ago; we now have the router firewall and his own standalone firewall. It confused the network at first, but he tweaked it a bit and it works fine now, even lets P2P through with no problem.

Completely agree that two is better than one but didn't want to get into the technicalities of hardware v software firewalls.

I suspect there are a lot of members here who are relying on the Windoze firewall which is a bit like having a fence around a field and then leaving the gate open. Security is paramount especially if you have online bank accounts - I'd love to see a folder on this forum dedicated to online security.