Black Horse...... HELP!!!!

Jaybabes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice....

A few years ago my Dad done me the enormous favour of taking out a crdit agreement for a suite with Black Horse... the payments were never missed although were sometimes late... thus accruing penalty charges of £225.

The agreement was paid of in full back in July this year and I have documentation to state this although they are now chasing the charges on the account of £225.... I obviously don't want to pay these as they can be deemed as unlawful but the a*******s are now harrassing my poor old Dad with letters and phonecalls demanding the money.... I have on numerous occasions called them and advised them that if needed I will take them to court to have the charges reversed but to be honest I'm not sure if I can do this as I haven't yet paid any of them.

Can someone please offer any advice as to whether I have to pay them to reclaim them or if I can just write threatening court action to have them reversed without actually paying a penny.

Any templates for letters would be very helpful too :grin:

What you can do is get the charges removed from the account, so no you don't have to have paid them to claim them.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If you have a look at the following links they should help you http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/ http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/ If there is anything you are not sure of just ask.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

HI Jay. it doesn't matter whether you have paid the charges or not you are rightfully disputing there inclusion in the overall debt and therefore they are in dispute and cannot be collected until the matter is sorted out.

all you need to do is alter the templates from "repay" to "remove" Black Horse have added these charges into the overall debt balance and you want them removed.

pete

What CB says is right. I know it is confusing but the fact that they have debited the charges to your account means you have paid them as the money will appear somewhere else in the bank's acounts as a credit and they will lend it to someone else and make money on it. Wonderful thing, accounting:D

OK think I'm sorted... modified the request for repayment letter and attached a schedule of the charges that have been applied (very kind gentleman gave me dates when they were applied over the phone so need to send S.A.R. saving me loads of time :D )

Just about to go and post it to them ...... registered of course ;)

Fingers crossed cos my poor old Dad cant take much more of their harrassment :Cry:

Watch this space :p

very kind gentleman gave me dates when they were applied over the phone so need to send S.A.R. saving me loads of time
Eventually you will probably ned them in writing (for court if it gest that far) so, although it's fine to start the claim going, you should probably send in the SAR anyway.

• 1 month later...

Had a reply just after festive period saying they have reduced the charges but are still looking for £96 so second letter on its way saying 'thanks but no thanks, reverse them all or else' LOL

Fingers crossed :D:-D

• 7 months later...