AOL - constant problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother signed up to AOL last december. We signed up for their wireless package. We were sent a netgear router and a CD and where sent on our way. We have had constant problems, mainly that the wireless package didn't work and therefore we have to sit right next to the router because they supplied us with a 2ft long wire togo from router to laptop. In addition, we have only been able to contect to the internet on a pot luck basis. Some days it worked some it didn't, more often than not it didn't. We payed £14 (i think a month) and have no way had enough access to the internet as we should. Everytime I phoned I was met with fob offs and being told there were faults on the data lines and that it was a problem with BT not AOL. I finally snapped on the phone earlier this month and we managed to get something done about it and we now have constant access to the internet, however we are approaching the end of our contract and so I don't think its at all fair that my brother has paid almost £100 for 1 month of constant access. Is there anything I can do about this?? And does anyone recommend a new Internet Provider who is reliable and willing to answer the phone at their customer services?? :-x

Thank you in advance

Thanks for your help, but I don't really need to contact them anymore, except to cancel my brothers contract in a few weeks. And I've had that number to hand for some months :)

I'm after some advise on who I can turn to to either reclaim some of the money or submit a formal complaint!! :confused:

Hi Shorty. To complain about the service you had from AOL, I would firstly write a letter, detailing exactly what has / has not happened, since you signed up with their offer, to the following address.

Make it fao Member Services

AOL (UK) Limited

68 Hammersmith Road

London W14 8YW

Stating that you give them 14 days in which to sort the issues at hand out. If (When) they dont give you a satisfactory reply, you can take it even further, by complaining to the ISPA (Internet Service Providers Association),

ISPA - Home

The ISPA is a kind of ombudsman service, which all ISP's sign up to, and agree to abide by their rules.

The ISPA will launch a investigation, and fingers crossed, get you what you want.

If the ISPA cannot solver the complaint, you can then take it higher to the ombidsman.

As a side note, i took aol as far as the ombudsman a few years back, and it literally cost them millions, to solve the problems which they just did nothing about, yet knew what was going on. (Hackers / Crackers were gaining access to aol's servers in Germany, getting user names / passwords, then trolling the chat rooms, plublicly announcing names, addresses, and sighting derogatory remarks to everyone. Use to the report feature did nothing, as the accounts werent theirs, and the crakers did not care about the account in question being TOS'sed.

Long story, but I do know the ISPA is the way to go.

If I can help any more, please dont hesitate to shout.