Payment demand out of the blue. Help Please!

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, well after getting customer services to sort out the missing cheque, 3 large fat envelopes arrived today , one for each account.

All they contain seems to be computer printouts month by month, so statements of a sort I suppose. There's no copies of correspondence, no alleged default notices, nothing other than these statements and they only go back to 2004. As soon as poss I'll scan in the accompanying letter.

Whilst looking through these "statements" though, I got quite a shock because early last year for each account the letters ......

CHRGOFF PRCH PRIN BALM appear followed by an amount equal to the sum outstanding appearing as a credit and every subsequent month shows a nil balance.

All last year I continued making payments to these accounts though, but none of my payments are shown after the nil balance appeared.

I don't understand this at all.

Can anyone enlightem me please??

It sounds like they sold the debt to someone else, and were forwarding the payments.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Shouldn't there have been some sort of paper if they'd sold the debts on? Also shouldn't they have told me about it? Another thought that occurs to me is that they wrote to me in November about two of the accounts announcing they had passed them on to Calders and RMA to collect the debts on their behalf, because I had allegedly ignored a request to increase payments and subsequent default notices. The fact is though that I received no such requests or default notices. I immediately requested copies of the alleged default notices, but they ignored me and eventually Customer services wrote back telling me I would have to pay £10 and do a SAR to receive them along with statements I'd also requested.So Far all that's come are these computer printouts month by month only dating back to 2004 and a letter saying that's all they hold on me. I know they must have other data on me though because I've already received copies of the application forms sent in response to my CCA requests for 2 of the accounts.

Still very confused LOL:confused:

Patma

Here's the letter which came with my SAR responses. There were 3 envelopes and three identical copies of this letter.

I would very much like to hear the expert's opinions about whether it's true that microfiche doesn't qualify as a relevant filing system.

Note that the letter says this is all they have on me, which I know to be untrue. I called Customer Services at Barclaycard this afternoon as they have been quite helpful with sorting out the issue of the missing SAR payment I sent.

A very helpful young man looked on the computer to see what he could find about me and confirmed there were details to which he had immediate access going back to 1998 including copies of letters. He called the Data Protection team and asked them to forward everything they have on me asap. He confirmed that

CHRGOFF PRCH PRIN BALM means that my debt had been passed on to someone else early last year, but he couldn't tell who.

I don't understand why none of my payments are showing up after the CHRGOFF PRCH PRIN BALM appears because I was making regular payments using the payment books supplied by Barclaycard. I got no notification that my account had been sold/assigned whatever. Can anyone tell me if this is normal please?

I'm hoping that the alleged default notices and reasons given as to why they were issued, plus details of who my accounts were sold to, if indeed they were, will show up soon as part of the SAR.

Comments and advise would be much appreciated. All the Best, Patma

SARRESPONSEBaramended.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ONE SUCCESS TO REPORT!Two more to go!:grin:

A large bundle of stuff arrived today from Barclaycard as part of my SAR and I've discovered one of the accounts, the old Barclaycard Reserve has been written off cos they couldn't come up with a credit agreement following my CCA request.They must have been so upset that they forgot to tell me though......awwww.

So that's £623.85 written off. The memo states that no further contact must be made to recover this debt, and it must never be sold. They also note they have deleted it with CRA.

There's a whole lot of stuff to trawl through for the other 2 accounts and I'm going to have lots of questions for you guys, but for now I'm celebrating a small success and raising a glass for all the help, support and guidance from everyone here. Cheers everyone:grin:

Looking through the stuff I've got today, I can see that none of the payments I made from March 07 till I stopped paying this January have been credited to my accounts. There is a nil balance showing ever since then and no sign of why.I certainly didn't settle the accounts but there is no sign of them being sold or assigned.

Can anyone tell me please if this information should come under my SAR?

I would have thought it should, but I'm not sure whether I should hassle them for it or wait and see what happens.

Another question....Am I right in thinking that under an SAR they should supply everything they have on me, dating back to and including the executed agreement. I know I asked for that under the CCA requests, but I'm wondering if they should send them under the SAR too.

So far the stuff I've received only dates back to the time I defaulted which was about 10 years ago.

To recap, following the arrival of some of my SAR stuff, I have a number of questions which I would really appreciate input about.

1) Firstly, I've only received stuff dating back to the late 1990S,but my accounts date back to the mid 1980s. Am I right in thinking that they should send everything they have going back to the start of the accounts?

They've already sent me application forms in response to my CCA request so I guess they must have some further stuff which they could send for my SAR.

2) As of early 2007 a credit was recorded on each of my 3 accounts, equal to the amount of the debt outstanding and each month since then shows a nil balance and there is no sign of the payments I was making all last year having been credited. They just don't appear anywhere.

3) Assuming my debts were sold or assigned early last year, even though I was not informed at all, shouldn't there be some record to show to whom my debt was assigned? Ther is no reference whatsoever as to where it went.

4) I really could do with some advise please as to where I go from here. I don't know whether I should be asking for more info from Barclaycard and reminding them that their 40 days is running out, to comply in full with my SAR or whether I should just sit tight and wait.

Meanwhile they've passed me on to yet another DCA, Apex Credit Management, who have started hassling me for the mastercard debt, which previously RMA were dealing with. I've sent them a letter today informing them that this account is in serious dispute as Bcard are in default on a CCA request etc.

1/ Yes, but it really depends on what they have on their files.

2/ That normally indicates that they have "sold" the accounts. Is there any type of code associated with these "payments" ?

3/yes, but often there is simply a code.

4/There's no harm in writing to B'card stating the fact you believe that the S.A.R is incomplete. You might get more, but could be doubtful.

This all sounds very famililar to me as B'card sold my debt to NCO/RMA and then on to Credit (in)security while in default of my CCA.

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi Curlyben thanks for looking in. The code given after the balance went to zero is this "CHRGOFF PRCH PRIN BALM.

None of the payments I made for the rest of the year seem to have been credited btw.

Did they let you know they'd sold your debt? I thought they would have notified me probably if it had been sold. Also the letters I've been getting from the DCAs all claim to be collecting on behalf of Barclaycard and Barclaycard issued default notices for two of the debts months after this charge off happened even though I hadn't defaulted on my payments at all. I just can't figure out what on earth they're up to. Thanks again for your comments, they're much appreciated. Patma

Well, just as Barclaycard seem to have a different understanding of what constitutes a relevant filing system to everyone else, they've also overlooked the requirement in the DPA 1998 to ensure that everything is legible - this means that a key should be provided to any abbreviations such as those described above. They have not, in my view, properly complied with your SAR.

When a debt is sold, the original creditor has to inform the debtor, and there should be copies of these letters in the SAR bundle. However, quite a few DCAs are in the habit of sending bogus letters made to look as if they are from the OC.

I don't know what the charging off indicates, I'm afraid.

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate all your ideas. Putting all the ideas together , I guess the best thing would probably be a letter to Bcard, reminding them they haven't yet complied fully with my SAR, asking them to clarify, the abbreviations, and asking them why none of my payments from April to December had been credited.

Ah yes and how about asking them why they are pursuing me for debts which have been showing a zero balance since April last year.

If there are any drawbacks to sending a letter like this, please let me know and any further ideas much appreciated.

• 5 months later...

I found a voicemail on my hom enumber upon returning from holiday yesterday.

Calder Financial Services asking me to call them back urgently.

Barclaycard say they have no connection and do not deal with this company i any way whatsoever.

They attempted to get me to answer 'security questions' and asked me for my barclaycard number so they could check their records. I feel daft even confirming my name and telephone number to them (even though it;s in the phone book and they'd called me!).

I've reported this all the the Trading Standards Office and the Financial Services Authority. And to BT - who after all have sold them the 0844 number in the first place. I called BT and was transferred to a call centre in the USA! and then in Canada!. Basically 0844 numbers are a [problem] too!!.

They are premium rated numbers - so all the time you are telling these b******s to take a running jump YOU are being charged at hugely inflated rates for the privelege. The pretence of being a 'call centre' is just realistic enough to keep you hanging on and answering stupid questions long enough to rack up a debt. if it wasn't a POBox number I'd have been around there with a baseball bat!:)

DON'T PHONE THEM.

I wouldn't think it does any good to write to them either. It's a total [problem].

I don't know what BT charges for such calls but here are the charges for Virgin Media - http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/uk_non-geographical_calls_a.pdf.

While the 0844 charges are probably the same as National Rate or perhaps slightly more they are a long way from the Premium Rate charges. In any case the charge is based on the number you call so where it ends up isn't relevant.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi George,

Welcome to the forum. Well whatever Barclaycard told you, they certainly do use the services of Calder Financial and this thread and others proves it.

The best plan is never to speak to them on the phone, so whatever the call would cost becomes irrelevant. I'd write to them and tell them you will only communicate in writing and then take it from there. Good luck, Patma

• 3 weeks later...
I found a voicemail on my hom enumber upon returning from holiday yesterday.

Calder Financial Services asking me to call them back urgently.

Barclaycard say they have no connection and do not deal with this company i any way whatsoever.

They attempted to get me to answer 'security questions' and asked me for my barclaycard number so they could check their records. I feel daft even confirming my name and telephone number to them (even though it;s in the phone book and they'd called me!).

I've reported this all the the Trading Standards Office and the Financial Services Authority. And to BT - who after all have sold them the 0844 number in the first place. I called BT and was transferred to a call centre in the USA! and then in Canada!. Basically 0844 numbers are a [problem] too!!.

They are premium rated numbers - so all the time you are telling these b******s to take a running jump YOU are being charged at hugely inflated rates for the privelege. The pretence of being a 'call centre' is just realistic enough to keep you hanging on and answering stupid questions long enough to rack up a debt. if it wasn't a POBox number I'd have been around there with a baseball bat!:)

DON'T PHONE THEM.

I wouldn't think it does any good to write to them either. It's a total [problem].

JUST CHECKED THE DATABASE :--

CALDER FINANCIAL COLLECTIONS AND LEGAL DEBT RECOVERY

ARE IN FACT MERCERS

"REGISTERED NUMBER 2550639 REGISTERED ADDRESS CITY POINT , ONE ROPEMAKER STREET LONDON EC2Y 9SS ... MERCERS DEBT COLLECTORS LTD TRADING AS CALDER FINANCIAL"

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

If Calders hassle you further go to the police. I had to resort to that after they began sending someone round to my house. When my local policeman spoke to Calders on the phone, I've never known such squirming and they haven't bothered me since.