Insurance Premiums???

tycooncico
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was given a SP30 Fixed Penalty Notice 2 weeks after passing my test. I managed to get to the last week of my 2 year probation period but foolishly got caught speeding on the motorway and was slapped with a SP50, £60 fine and a further 3 points, taking my total tally to 6.

In turn, my license has been revoked and i am now in the process of booking tests.

However, I have not yet informed my insurance company (about the second lot of 3 points). I have spoke to them and the guy on the phone told me there wouldnt be any increase in my premiums by declaring the points, but i have been researching on the net and the most common theory is to expect a 25 - 55% increase.

Has anyone been in a simliar situation or could advice me further?

Cheers

Tell them, pure and simple.

Not letting your insurer (or potential new insurers) know of intended prosecution/fixed penalty can invalidate your insurance.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You must tell your insurers about points from FPN (actually Conditional FPNs) immediately.

If you are 'flashed' by a camera and receive a NIP/S.172 form, you need not inform your insurers immediately. Only if you receive and decide to accept the CoFP), otherwise it is not a pending prosecution until your receive a summons - until then it is merely a police investigation. It does not become a conviction until you are found guilty.

• 10 months later...

Hi, having worked for a car insurance company, and I think this is standard, claims are to be reported straight away, points at renewal. Your case is slightly different because you have effectively gone back to a provisional license. You need to inform your insurance company of this, and they will advise you on what to do.

i would say that any no claims may be lost here due to you having to re-pass your test.. or you could be lucky.

the biggie will be the question.. "how long have you held a full uk licence."

wont be 2 years due to you having to resit.

i would say that any no claims may be lost here due to you having to re-pass your test.. or you could be lucky.

the biggie will be the question.. "how long have you held a full uk licence."

wont be 2 years due to you having to resit.

NCB is a no claims bonus; licence status is irrelevant to this.

No claim has been made (as far as we know, and outwith the scope of this thread) so NCB will not be affected.