1 Question Re: Info on my Experian Credit Report

Miss_chief
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me??

I recently received my experian credit report for free due to loans.co.uk sending me a letter stating that my inof had been passed on to 3rd parties without my/or their permission. 'As a gesture of good will' (LOL!) they said i could have my credit report for free for 12months. They also say that they do not believe it will be used for fraudulent purposes. Hmmm?

Anyway, there are a few things on there. One of them things is that a search was done by GEMHL a few months ago for a SECURED LOAN. Didnt know who GEMHL was so looked on internet and found out -They are GE Money Home Lending (I would never apply for a secured loan!)

Wrote to them explaining above and requested further info on the search. Just received a letter from them - they say they can confirm that this search was done in error, please accept their apologies and they will arrange for it to be removed from my credit file in the next 5 working days.

QUESTION: Are they allowed to search my financial info through experian without my permission? I didnt even apply for anything with them? I have no knowledge of this search until now & Im starting to wonder if this could be fraud in anyway (but prob me just being paranoid now lol!).

I also have a search on experian for a credit card application from GE Capital Bank (a few months previous to above) Im going to query this too now!

I look forward to any responses, many thanks for reading my thread!

Hi,

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me??

I recently received my experian credit report for free due to loans.co.uk sending me a letter stating that my inof had been passed on to 3rd parties without my/or their permission. 'As a gesture of good will' (LOL!) they said i could have my credit report for free for 12months. They also say that they do not believe it will be used for fraudulent purposes. Hmmm?

Anyway, there are a few things on there. One of them things is that a search was done by GEMHL a few months ago for a SECURED LOAN. Didnt know who GEMHL was so looked on internet and found out -They are GE Money Home Lending (I would never apply for a secured loan!)

Wrote to them explaining above and requested further info on the search. Just received a letter from them - they say they can confirm that this search was done in error, please accept their apologies and they will arrange for it to be removed from my credit file in the next 5 working days.

QUESTION: Are they allowed to search my financial info through experian without my permission? I didnt even apply for anything with them? I have no knowledge of this search until now & Im starting to wonder if this could be fraud in anyway (but prob me just being paranoid now lol!).

I also have a search on experian for a credit card application from GE Capital Bank (a few months previous to above) Im going to query this too now!

I look forward to any responses, many thanks for reading my thread!

i would enquire with GE Money. Do you have any business with them, for example a mortgage? it seems strange, but it could be something very simple.

i would consider contacting your bank for advice - it may be a good idea to put a warning on your credit report. but it's best to check with GE Money first:)

There are services with some of the credit reference agencies that can automatically flag up changes to your credit record, so you get early warning. they do cost a bit though:(

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.