Blair Oliver & Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I just came across your threads while searching Blair, Oliver and Scott. This is a first time thing for me, so bear with me! BOS have been on my back for almost a year now. They are looking for an outstanding debt from the Bank of Scotland. What I can't seem to get through to them is that the Bank of Scotland credit card they are chasing was taken over by MBNA in February 2006 and I pay MBNA for this. I've sent them proof, I've spoken to the Bank of Scotland (who incidentally are reluctant to talk to me and have no record of MBNA taking over the card). This was the Bank of Scotlands choice not mine. They sold the card on to MBNA. However, BOS are getting threatening and have now passed me on to a company I think called Legal and Trade to collect the debt. I've written to MBNA to ask them to clarify to BOS that they took over the debt but they just confirm that they have. Has anyone else had this kind of problem. It seems like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and no matter how much correspondence goes on, they're not taking it in. Any advice?? Thanks

Have a look at this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html#post514376

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Reported Blair et al a couple of weeks ago for infringing my consumer rights and the OFTs guidlines on debt collection. Had a letter from the OFT today, they are going to investigate them, after I provided them with my history!

Wow! I know it doesn't sound much to those who have complained to the oFT before, but I provided them with all the letters that I had sent to Blair et al since June and the times of contact by telephone and the lack of replies from them, and I must admit that the letter was all that I would expect at this point.

Watch this space!

Mike

These guys must be keeping the oft too busy to settle their case with the banks re p/c's I ve seen numerous postings on various site saying they have reported BOS to the oft - trading standards - batman & robin, yould think something would have been done by now maybe its time for Watchdog to get involved ...but who should we offer as a sacrifice to opese the great w/d -god!

Just asked the OFT through the FOI just how many complaints they have received regarding BOS, how many they have acted upon and what sanctions they have imposed.

Mike

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I would dearly love to know the answer to that one - if it's less than a dozen, they're lying because I've sent that many.

That makes at least two dozen :D

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Just asked the OFT through the Freedom of Information Act just how many complaints they have received regarding BOS, how many they have acted upon and what sanctions they have imposed.

Mike

Any indication as to when theyre going to respond?

Got BOS chasing me for 300 o/d on a halifax account that is purely p/c's

Told them that the account was in legal dispute since 06/02/08 and that 'Helifax' was in breach of its code buy further p/c's, interest charges and passing it on to BOS. Thew in that they were misrepresenting themselves too as they said they cannot contact their "client" re the L/G letter.

Yeah Right!