Final Response from Lloyds re Plat card

housem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone help please.

I started my claim against LloydsTSB for charges against two bank accounts and one credit card I have with them, and got to the point where I had sent them my LBA which was for a little over £2K in total. Then the OFT test case was announced before I filed which has basically put me in limbo.

I have since received two letters from Lloyds CSRC re the platinum card, but importantly NOT for either of the two current accounts which account for the vast majority of the charges, presumably because they know that the credit card is not covered by the OFT case.

Anyway, the first letter (Final Response) dated 26th July 2007 is as follows:

"Although we haven't changed our opinion about our charging policy, I'm willing to reduce all of the disputed charges from Aug 03 to Jan 05 to £12.00. This will result in a refund of £80.00 to your account. I am also prepared to refund 8% interest on this total of £11.03, making a total refund of £51.03. We're also going to pay you 14 days' net interest at a yearly gross rate of 5.00% to make sure that you don't lose any interest while you are considering our offer. So, the total amount we'll pay you is £51.11.

I hope you are happy with my offer and if you would like to accept it please sign the enclosed copy of my letter and return it to me in the reply-paid envelope.

Once I receive it, I will arrange to credit your account. I will hold my offer open for one month from today."

It then requires a signature to the following:

I, the undersigned, accept the above offer in full and final settlement of this and any associated issue.

No, way! Can they really do this?

Is it me or is there maths screwy?

The second letter dated 8th October goes as follows:

"Although we haven't changed our opinion about our charging policy, as a gesture of goodwill I'm willing to refund the charges in full, plus interest at current Bank of England base rate. We're also going to pay you a further 14 days' net interest at the same rate to make sure that you don't lose any interest while you are considering our offer.

I hope you are happy with my offer and if you would like to accept it please sign the enclosed copy of my letter and return it to me in the reply-paid envelope. I will hold my offer open for one month from today.

It then requires a signature to the following:

I accept the above offer in full and final settlement of my complaint against the Bank and understand that my account will be credited with this sum as soon as you receive my signed acceptance back.

What should I do? If I sign this will it jeoperdise any action re my current accounts?

PS My local court is Bury, does anyone now if they are still taking cases, or are all cases being stayed?

Thanks

:?

Hi housem.

Even though the sums are clearly wrong in the first letter, it is now way out of time. Conversely, if you were to sign and return it now, LTSB would probably pay you in a flash!

The second letter ran out of time today. Have you only just received it, or have you been sitting on it? :(

Does the heading of this letter refer specifically to the credit card account?

Els:)

Hi elsinore,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to have to admit it but I have just sat on this, and not made time until yesterday to see what I should do about it.

Both letters specifically refered to only one account, which was the last four digits of the plat card.

Any advice?

:???:

I accept the above offer in full and final settlement of my complaint against the Bank in respect of the above account and understand that my account will be credited with this sum as soon as you receive my signed acceptance back.

If you sign the second letter, date it 7th November 2007 and send it back today you might get away with it.

Add the bit I've added just to make it perfectly clear that the acceptance only refers to the credit card account.

If you haven't got a live account with them, you'll have to cross out the underlined bit and substitute the words 'you will send me a cheque for'

Make sure you keep a copy of the amended, signed letter. Send it 'signed for' service and keep your fingers crossed.:)

Els

i did that and after 6 weeks with no check phoned and asked y to be told they only just receved it lol

post evedence was posted 4 weeks before and they would send check 3 weeks later

i told them dont bothere im re sending lba for new total now 58 quid more

hope yours goes ok