Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Newbie here, have tried to post a thread but it doesn't seem to appear.

I am quite concered about a PCN I've received from Parking Eye. I met up with a friend at Services a couple of weeks ago, didn't realise there was a time limit, got a letter yesterday saying I had stayed too long without paying correct price for parking, a photo was taken of me entering & leaving. How can they know I didn't pay for a ticket, not that I did.

Thought parking was free when you used the services on the motorway. Have noted people say ignore but am a bit worried.

Any advice? They want £60 if paid by 8th Dec, £90 if paid by 23rd then goes up to £120!!! I don't have this money..

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I am quite concered about a PCN I've received from Parking Eye. I met up with a friend at Services a couple of weeks ago, didn't realise there was a time limit, got a letter yesterday saying I had stayed too long without paying correct price for parking, a photo was taken of me entering & leaving. How can they know I didn't pay for a ticket, not that I did.

Thought parking was free when you used the services on the motorway. Have noted people say ignore but am a bit worried.

Any advice? They want £60 if paid by 8th Dec, £90 if paid by 23rd then goes up to £120!!! I don't have this money..

Thanks

Follow all the advice on here and ignore. It's as simple as that!Your case is no different to the many others featured on here. You have not broken any laws, and you don't owe them a penny.

No signs about clamping or towing. So if they do they are committing theft ;-)

Also, im actually printing out as well as taking screenshots every week for 6

So are you, theft of services is covered by the fraud act 2006. If you intentionally park without paying its obtaining services by dishonesty and a criminal offence and in addition if its on work premises its likely to be considered gross misconduct.

Hi,

Thanks

Parkingspy are simples just ignore them no contact at all you will get letters then they will desist.

Hi all, has anyone been called up by debt recovery firms regarding these private parking fines?

I followed the advice to completely ignore the letters I've been recieving since September (these include 2 from Athena ANPR Ltd and one from LRC Legal Recoveries & Collections Ltd). However today I recieved a phonecall from LRC insisting that as the registered owner of the car, I am responsible for a fine which now amounts to £115! I denied all knowledge of the ticket and insisted that I would not be held responsible for any parking offence - to which she responded that she would send the paperwork to me again and call me in 2 days time. Eeeek!! So what do I do / say next? I'm so nervous and really not very good at confrontation. Thanks in advance for your help.

However today I recieved a phonecall from LRC insisting that as the registered owner of the car, I am responsible for a fine which now amounts to £115!

and/or record the call as this stateemnt above is a clear lie and would guarantee that they woud not dare proceed to court knowing you have evidence of their lying to present to the court.

Hi all, has anyone been called up by debt recovery firms regarding these private parking fines?

I followed the advice to completely ignore the letters I've been recieving since September (these include 2 from Athena ANPR Ltd and one from LRC Legal Recoveries & Collections Ltd). However today I recieved a phonecall from LRC insisting that as the registered owner of the car, I am responsible for a fine which now amounts to £115! I denied all knowledge of the ticket and insisted that I would not be held responsible for any parking offence - to which she responded that she would send the paperwork to me again and call me in 2 days time. Eeeek!! So what do I do / say next? I'm so nervous and really not very good at confrontation. Thanks in advance for your help.

it not a FINE its an INVOICE!!

ignore them..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thanks

Hi, Watch this video -"How to deal with Penalty Charge Notices issued by private companies" on Youtube, all these guys are nothing more than crooks. Just keep ignoring all the letters that will follow, including one where they will threaten to come and visit you :-)

Tell her "For quality assurance purposes all our calls are recorded. I am sorry all our agents are busy right now - please hold" and put the phone receiver next to the radio/hi-fi...works great each time when I get calls like this :-)

Hi, new to hear and have had a quick read of this thread and already feel a bit better...thanks :-)

My story....

Used my girlfriends car last week and parked on an old PC world car park (PC World closed there months ago and it's boarded up). There are signs up as you enter the car park that you can only stay 2 hours, but to be honest, since PC World closed people stay there much longer. I was there just over 3 hours.

My girlfriend has contacted me today, as she has received a letter from 'Total Parking Solutions' who want £70 from her (£50 if paid before 26th November). They also give a link to a website with pics on of the car entering the car park and leaving it.

She's panicking and doesn't know what to do.

From what I've read so far on here, is it best for her to just ignore the letter, or for her to write back and say it wasn't her driving?

All advice will be much appreciated, thank you.

Ignore, see the video I have referred to on Youtube "How to deal with Penalty Charge Notices issued by private companies" - it is the bit from the BBC Money Program where when Ann Robinson asks the lawyer what should be done with the letters - he makes a paper plane and says see how far it can fly...all these people are crooks and the stores who use them are just as bad...only happens in England...us dopy lot will put up with such robbers...move to Scotland much more sensible laws :-)

Thanks for the tips and advice regarding dealing with future telephone calls. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with her when she calls again - I'm really out of my comfort zone!:| Will follow your advice and support, thanks so much. :-)

Thanks for the tips and advice regarding dealing with future telephone calls. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with her when she calls again - I'm really out of my comfort zone!:| Will follow your advice and support, thanks so much. :-)

I know its difficult if you don't like confrontation but really don't be intimidated. If I phoned you and asked if you would like to buy some nice shiny windows from me I am sure you would say no thank you and put the phone down. This muppet is doing exactly the same only in this instance she is trying to sell you a parking invoice. Do the same say no thank you and replace the receiver. She has already proven she is a numpty by quoting what she did about you being responsible.

Don't be intimidated don't be afraid just no thank you and replace the receiver.:wink:

Hi ajsteenie,

As esmerobbo says this people are trying to get money out of you by in effect extortion...only seems to happen in England :-( You have broken no laws...they are guilty of intimidation...if you don't want to confront...as soon as she starts just either put the phone down or as I say put it on hold or just lay it on its side that you the thugs will be paying for the call...in fact these people are contravening the telecommunications act by making unsolicited calls...you can even threaten legal action...but the key is here not make her think you are being intimidated...they are bully and like all bully as soon as you stand up to them they will run...you can see the legal position from the Money Programme video which clearly shows that these guys are nothing but crooks. Take care...

and/or record the call as this stateemnt above is a clear lie and would guarantee that they woud not dare proceed to court knowing you have evidence of their lying to present to the court.

The have no idea of the law...they are just [problematic] and thugs...tell them to go take a jump....trust us they can't do anything...all those who are giving advice here are doing so from experience and from knowledge of English law...

• 2 months later...

I, too, received a "PCN" from Parking Collection Services limited, working for Searchlight Parking, regarding an unpaid charge for "display of expired parking ticket". This has been followed up by increasingly threatening letters from Debt Recovery Plus.

Unfortunately, it now seems, I replied to the first three letters, finally denying that I was the driver at the time, after being challenged on this. I understand that these charges (now risen to £200 if I do not send immediate payment of £95, plus the threat of a County Court Action) are unlikely to be enforceable. However, I do worry about them and lose sleep over them. On the other hand, I am determined not to give in to this harassment.

I have now read the advice given on this site and that of pepipoo and feel my fears are (probably) groundless. I also realize that I should not have risen to the bait by responding to these letters. I know I am being stupid but I can't help worrying about the mere possibility of being taken to court for a perceived parking overstay of 16 minutes. Surely not?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Edited by bonniann
additions made to original

With a contract, which this is, you can only claim losses. They have already been told by the judge that they can't claim 'penalty' charges. The only time they are likely to go to court is if they think it will not be defended and then they win by default.

The letters people write gives them a fair clue as to if it will be defended should it go to court, that is why the advice is to ignore all letters and then they have nothing to go on.

Thanks, Conniff. Yes, I know this - I just wonder if they would bother taking it to court, for such a petty reason initially. We did not have enough change to pay for the length of time we estimated we would need; there were no facilities to get the correct amount for a longer period.

My main point is that the private car park involved was 'manned' by someone lurking unseen in another vehicle on the site and that the full parking fee would have been paid in the first place if there had been an attendant in view to provide change. It seems that the parking company (or, at least, their employee) had designed a system to catch people out and give them an excuse to charge a heavy additional levy. This particular car park is quite notorious for this, I found out subsequently. Is my case typical?

Thanks, Conniff. Yes, I know this - I just wonder if they would bother taking it to court, for such a petty reason initially.

No they wont.

We did not have enough change to pay for the length of time we estimated we would need; there were no facilities to get the correct amount for a longer period.

My main point is that the private car park involved was 'manned' by someone lurking unseen in another vehicle on the site and that the full parking fee would have been paid in the first place if there had been an attendant in view to provide change. It seems that the parking company (or, at least, their employee) had designed a system to catch people out and give them an excuse to charge a heavy additional levy. This particular car park is quite notorious for this, I found out subsequently. Is my case typical?

Yes your case is typical of many we see on this forum. It is certainly not worth losing any sleep over. Just ignore them and they will give up and chase someone weaker.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I am being stupid but I can't help worrying about the mere possibility of being taken to court for a perceived parking overstay of 16 minutes. Surely not?

I doubt the court would be impressed with somebody trying to claim what equates to £750 an hour.

what you need to remember here is there have been fewer successful court cases than what you can count on the fingers of two hands.

and most of those that have been to court and lost over this, have been relatives or 'stooges' that have been 'put-up' to this -

so's it gives a vail of credability to this threats & what 'might' happen.

just read on that other site you have mentioned

you'll soon see!

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Received, a month ago, an invoice from ParkingEye. Responded with the very polite aknowledgement of being the keeper, please take this up with the driver and I don't owe you anything letter. Next came the photographs and today two letters from them - first one the final demand and the second one acknowledging my letter as an appeal?? saying that as I had not identified the driver the invoice remains my responsibility. It then goes on to state that: " Judge Ackroyd 2008 Oldham Court, Combined Parking Solutions v Mr Stephen Thomas, in the case where Mr Thomas claimed not to be the driver but did not state who was,, ruled that on the balance of probability he was the driver and ordered the charge to be paid plus additional court costs. Therefore your options are either pay the outstanding charge or inform us who was the driver so that we can pass the responsibility of the Parking Charge onto them. " Any comments?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks