rocklad v first direct

rocklad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this, my girlfriend suggested that we try to get some money back from first direct as this month i am going to be charged £109 for going £150 overdrawn for 5 days.

She knows this girl she works with that is filing for her money back and put us on to this site. I cant believe that banks are still charging these charges when its unlawful.

Anyway I have been charge £545 (not including the £109) since may 02 in overdraft and excess overdraft feees and think its time for some payback.

I have read most of the information on this site and still thought it was worth phoning the bank FD to say i wasn't happy with all these charges it they were unlawful and asked them what they would do about it.

They got some manager on asking why i had gone over my overdraft but i kept saying i was concerned that the charges I had been subjected to were unlawful. During the conversation he mentioned that as as some of the charges were so old there was nothing that could be done about them anyway.

Needless to say we had no agreement by the end of the phone call and I left the matter saying i was going to put the matter in writting to them so I am sending off the request for repayment of charges.

I will keep you informed and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Rocklad

Welcome to the site.

The best advice I can give you is to spend lots of time on here reading! There is a huge amount of useful information. Follow the steps and you will be fine.

All the best

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya

i have also just submitted my claim to first direct today, i spent all weekend searching the forums and providing you have all details of the charges you want the best person it seemd to be to write to is

Robert Kernaghan

first direct

40 Wakefield Road

Leeds

LS98 1FD

he tends to be the person writting back to everyone they might reply quicker if its sent directly to him.

Good luck

I also enclosed a spreadsheet print with the dates and amounts of all charges

Good Luck Hannah,

I have used the bank charges excell form to list my fees (with interest included) to send with my request for payment letter. Will be sending it off first thing tommorrow. Thanks for the advice on Robert Kernaghan.

I Will keep you all informed on progress

Rocklad

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know,

Without prejudice

"first direct is however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs we may incur in relation to such a claim. For those commercial reasons alone, and without any admission of liability whotsoever, first direct is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of £650, representing the charges applied, in full and in settlement of this matter" ... "yours sincerely Robert Kernaghan"

Beauty. Ill accept of course.

Hope you get the same response Hannah. Keep us posted.

Rocklad