virgin/ntl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you have a default on credit file regarding ntl/virgin etc is it very easy to get it removed from your file

today, on equifax online dispute, i have confirmation to say they are removing it. why?

because i wrote this:

Certainly the default should be overturned as they have submitted a default notice under the CCA for an alleged agreement that is not regulated by said act, therefore i require immediate removal of this default.

they wrote saying:

Virgin Media (Ex NTL: Telewest)

I acknowledge your comments regarding the above account and would advise that upon reviewing the information in question, I have now loaded a Notice of Disassociation to our records to remove the above account from your Credit Report and can therefore confirm that this account no longer appears on your file.

To confirm the above change, I have now arranged for an updated copy of your Credit Report to be forwarded to you at your current address. This should be received under seperate cover in the coming days.

so, an easy one to remove.......and before anyone says i still owe money, it wasnt even my account, virgin told them to carry on leaving 'bad' default on my credit file, though it was for an address i hadnt lived at linked to my previous address, but until i wrote the above, equifax were taking virgins' word that they were in the right.

anyway, by digging about on this forum, i found out that ntl/virgin is not covered by cca, therefore it cannot use a default notice on credit file.

Hiya

Well done, bet you must be pleased.

If Equifax have removed it though on the basis that Virgin aren't CCA regulated (though I acknowledge it's not your account) in theory the mobile phone people shouldn't be adding defaults either (I'm getting excited now!!). I thought that these people were allowed to add defaults if you've agreed for them to share your data.

I love CAG!

exactly.........if a 'debt' is not covered by the cca requested(not regulated by it), therefore a default cannot be on your credit file as a default notice IS regulated .

therefore, a phone company cannot put a default notice on credit file, if it does, turn it round on them and say if they are using a default therefore a cca request is required under the same .(i know what i'm trying to say, hope you do too)lol

a default notice is regulated by cca.

Nice one my partner and i are currently fighting VM ova missing money. Virgin Media is the threads name.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

exactly.........if a 'debt' is not covered by the cca requested(not regulated by it), therefore a default cannot be on your credit file as a default notice IS regulated .

therefore, a phone company cannot put a default notice on credit file, if it does, turn it round on them and say if they are using a default therefore a cca request is required under the same .(i know what i'm trying to say, hope you do too)lol

a default notice is regulated by cca.

Hi groovychickmum,

Do you think this would also apply to Vodafone? :???:

I owe money to a defaulted account with them, but woulds be really pleased if this strategy would work with them also.

regards,

iwcmd. :)

well yes it will as they are not regulated under the cca agreements so if they have defaulted u under that then they need to remove the default and the default notice you would have been sent.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well yes it will as they are not regulated under the cca agreements so if they have defaulted u under that then they need to remove the default and the default notice you would have been sent.

Vodafone HAVE removed defaults before, there are lots of threads about it within the legalities section.

I have read that in the case of the CRAs, a "default" may not actually mean a default in the sense of the consumer credit act. The mobile operators will all claim they have a right to process personal data and amend the credit files accordingly, it's an interesting area that lots of folks have really started to work on for our benefit.

I'm sure CCA exempt agreements can still be placed on a credit file although being a layperson I'm not the best person in this field.

Just a question groovy chickmum but can u look at my VM thread and see what u suggest. I am fighting it all the way.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I have sent this to the CRA's and Equifax have deleted it but Experian haven't.

Virgin claim that they agreed to delete from Equifax as they no longer deal with them.

This is my thread...............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/broadband-other-internet-issues/134949-virgin-media-default.html

Hi All,

I have had this entry deleted from my Equifax file but not my Experian file.

Virgin claim they no longer deal with Equifax as they no longer deal with them...................they will not delete from Experian and Experian will only delete with the permission of Virgin.

This default is not listed on my Callm Credit file.

This is my thread..............................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/broadband-other-internet-issues/134949-virgin-media-default.html

Well i thought it was just me.

I have the free online one with C1. Only last week i got a email regarding a update on my file and VM had been removed.

Yes before any one says it i am only keeping the card for 2 reasons.

Emergancy and the free credit report.

• 4 years later...

4 yrs+ old

better to start a new thread with your issue

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...