£18 for shopping, £117.50 for parking!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Friday night I drove from Newcastle to Whitby across the moors with no main beam on the car and decided after that I needed a bottle of wine:p and some food for OH and kids who were already at caravan site nearby. So I stopped at the Co-op in Whitby, found a parking space and did a quick trolley dash. This was about 7.30pm.

I wandered out with my shopping to find a man in a van who had WHEELCLAMPED my ageing Clio. He then pointed to some A4 size signs which were not lit up informing people who happened to have their glasses on at the time that this was a 24 hour Pay and Display Car Park and that I needed to pay him £117.50 on my debit card to get the clamp taken off :o I informed him that I had exactly £40 in the bank which he could have if he had to, but that there was no way I could afford £117.50 (for ten minutes in the shop). I said that I would happily pay for a ticket to park, had I known I had to, but he said it was too late.....

So I then said, well what happens now? (I have already read all the great advice on this site about private parking companies but it is a bit difficult to argue when there is a bloody great wheel clamp involved). He said I could have given you a ticket, so I said OK well do that instead and I will pay you £1 per week (NOT) like I pay all my other creditors. He then said that he would have to phone someone to come and tow my car away. So I said OK, I'll phone OH and get him to collect me and my stuff and you can have the bloody car. It probably isn't worth more than £117.50 if I take the tax disc. So as I called OH (real plan would be for him to tow my car away and then tell them where to collect their wheel clamp - some friends of mine did that once;)) he suddenly backed down and took the clamp off.

But for God's sake - if I had been able to pay the £117.50 and I didn't know my rights - how many people have been in this situation? It took me a good 20 minutes to find my way out of Whitby as I was so furious.

Rant over. But thanks to you guys on here I knew they were in the wrong, in spite of their wheelclamp.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 4 weeks later...

"Clamping is perfectly legal" ..."just doing what he gets paid for" ? "Im only doing my job said the traffic warden, the lawyer, the police officer.. yes I've heard that before somewhere... let me think.....

Traffic warden tickets man as wife is dying| News | This is London

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Rape trial suicide prompts review

Police shot diabetic in coma with Taser - because they thought he was suicide bomber | the Daily Mail

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything