Turbo Breakdown! Warrenty won't pay out

bmw_320d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I purchased a warrenty from Centurion for my BMW 320d, brought a 3 year warrenty which wasn't heap but thought its best to be safe then sorry, as i knew it was a common fault with this car the turbo going and thats the reason i took it out in the first place.

After a year down the line i was driving and lost power hardly any pickup took it to the garage which have said the bearing is broken in the turbo, and the turbo needs REPLACING! now i thought the warrenty would cover this upto £1000 and i would pay the difference which i was more then happy doing.

The cost of the turbo is £1000 and then labour so im looking at £1300!

I rang up the warrenty company and they are sending an engineer out tomorrow, but when i spoke to the gentleman on the phone he basically said we pay out if its a fault but its a wear and tear item they will not pay out.

I asked him to elaborate what is classed as wear and tear and he goes the bearing is classed as wear and tear which is the fault which the only solution to this is to REPLACE the turbo.

How is this item classed as wear and tear? as its inside the turbo i just dont understand how they are trying to make out its wear and tear.

After speaking to BMW and they said no the turbo is not a wear and tear item it should last lifetime as the engine its not a clutch, its not brakepads, discs which needs replacing after a certain period of time.

Now the engineer has not come out yet he will do tomorrow but i know what he will say, sorry mate wear and tear your not covered you need to pay out.

Where do i stand with the warrenty company what shall i do?

Can ayone give me some advice?

:evil: