HFC/Restons **WON**CASE STRUCK OUT

Bug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, they may rattle me sometimes, when they bring out something new but I have no intention of letting them get away without a fight.

I have to say though the FSA fine did give me food for thought - we can only guess how many of their customers have fallen foul of their underhand tactics over the years - pity they didn't all know about the CAG.

This allocation questionnaire and its attachments were sent to the claimant on **/**/**.

Hi Paul

I'm just completing the AQ, etc.

Couple of things...

it mentions a fee but as far as I can see it would only be HFC who had to pay

do I need to send a copy of the AQ and Draft Order to Restons (presumably not HFC themselves)?

Okay, the AQ and attachments are about to go off and wham! I've just received notice of an application for summary judgment on the first case :(

And lo and behold, they've attached a copy of the CCA - rats.

Help.....

Thanks for your speedy reply Paul. I can't scan the thing until I get home but the hearing isn't until 7th April so I don't think it will hurt waiting til tonight.

is it signed by you?
I'm afraid it is ... I can't say about the terms until we go through it in more detail - it's full of words so it looks like it might be right. The T and C are on a different page but they're photocopies attached to the Application so I can't tell if they're all part of the same document...they DO look like different copies (the front is scrappy and the T and Cs clear) but I'm probably clutching at straws here.

Is there anything to indicate the application and T&Cs are not parts of the same document?

eg Are there any crease/fold marks showing on one but not the other, thereby indicating one document is not the reverse side of the other?

As you probably know, Restons recently sent me some copy documents and this was one of the things which stood out.

Fingers crossed for you Bug ;)

Rob

• Haha 1

well, if we can find fault we will

Thanks Paul, I'm so very grateful to you - I know you're on my side and that helps so much :)

robcag, thanks for looking in ....

Are there any crease/fold marks showing on one but not the other, thereby indicating one document is not the reverse side of the other?

Yes, there are. It'll be clearer when I've scanned and uploaded the documents but the Loan Agreement has lots of 'noise' on it ... similar to the really old photocopies if you know what I mean. There is what looks like a crease mark halfway down the form. The page with the T and Cs is different .... no noise, no crease and staple holes in one corner.

See what you think when I upload the scans. I just can't scan here at uni - we have a scanner in our office but it would probably take til midnight to scan it anyway - the scanner at home is so much better and you should be able to see the differences clearly.

Thanks Rob - your support is important to me :)

re post 120 on this thread

:

Please find the following attached to this allocation questionnaire;

1) Section G - other information

2) Draft order for directions

This allocation questionnaire and its attachments were sent to the claimant on **/**/**.

pt2537 will you please confirm that the words in red are correct as me thought you only returned an N149 to the court ??

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

so am i reading that correct, there was no charge for giving the money? its got 0% apr on the loan?

can you confirm that the figure on the agreement is the figure that they gave you in the beginning

so am i reading that correct, there was no charge for giving the money? its got 0% apr on the loan?

If memory serves me right, I had been paying through PayPlan for some years and they phoned me and said something along the lines of we can wipe the interest out for you .... that must have generated the agreement you see now because the original (first) agreement was years older.

can you confirm that the figure on the agreement is the figure that they gave you in the beginning

No, sadly, I can't.

I have the feeling this is turning into a real mess, mainly because I can't remember any of the details .... I don't like admitting defeat, but...

Well bug,

defeat is something i do not readily admit now this agreement has your signature on it yes? so they sent you the new agreement and you signed it and returned it?

im just trying to get things straight in my head

so they sent you the new agreement and you signed it and returned it?

Yep, that's it.

Two actions then - this one is for a loan which paid off a credit card and the other case (where we've done the AQ) is the credit card which I maxed out again because I was young and stupid.

so they sent you the new agreement and you signed it and returned it

..does that make a difference - the fact that it wasn't on their premises. I can honestly say that I've NEVER been on their premises!

Also I was looking at car2403's thread and he posted a copy CCA from HFC near the start of his thread which looks very similar to mine and says there might be terms missing - it may be worth me checking that all the prescribed terms are there. They will presumably have to produce the original at the hearing in April but is it safe to assume that the terms and conditions won't be part of the same document as seems to be the case with the copies they've sent me?

What seemed to be so clear to start with has suddenly gone base over apex somehow :(

..does that make a difference - the fact that it wasn't on their premises. I can honestly say that I've NEVER been on their premises!

Also I was looking at car2403's thread and he posted a copy CCA from HFC near the start of his thread which looks very similar to mine and says there might be terms missing - it may be worth me checking that all the prescribed terms are there. They will presumably have to produce the original at the hearing in April but is it safe to assume that the terms and conditions won't be part of the same document as seems to be the case with the copies they've sent me?

What seemed to be so clear to start with has suddenly gone base over apex somehow :(

what terms did he say was missing?

im interested to know, have you posted the agreement on here? i cant remember as i have seen so many that they all seem to become a blur . but if there is anything there that you can use it would be helpful im sure.they wouldn't necessarily need the original for the trial either, a copy would suffice im sure

have you posted the agreement on here

I tried and I thought that I had sent them to you but I must have misunderstood .... sorry - I take it that you haven't seen them?

NOPE MY MISTAKE,

you have sorry

....please don't apologise ... I'm just grateful that I have someone helping me through this ... it's just that sometimes I feel as if I'm standing still and the whole world is racing around me ... I'll go and find the link to car2403's thread - it's been a while ago and his is about as straightforward as mine at the mo :confused: