Mortgage Default - Please advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am really hoping that someone can give me some advice as I do not know what to do next.

Over a year and a half ago I moved out of my house with my children which their father took over. I was advised by their father that I would recieve x amount as he was taking over the property and that I would no longer be on the mortggae or the deeds of the property.

Everything seemed fine but I had to keep chasing and requesting that all had been done and I was constantly told that everything was complete.

To my horror I have recently found out that I have a default in joint names for the address that I used to live at - This default was issued 8 months after I had moved out of the property.

I have so far contacted the mortgage company and they have provided me a copy of the org agreement, the default notice and contact regarding this. All correspondance was sent to the previous address so I would have never recieved this. And my ex partner had stated at all times that I have nothing to do with the mortgage or deeds and that his solicitor had sorted everything out.

I had constantly chased him - and he had always reasurred me I was off. I had signed a letter with his solicitor 4 months before the default about coming off the deeds.

I have since requested copies of this documentation and solictors details which he has ignored.

I do not know where to proceed next as A) I was not contacted by the mortgage company as they were never told by my ex-partner that I had moved out despite him telling me all had been done by his olicitor. B ) This could be construded as fraud as my ex-partner had informed me at all times that I had nothing to do with anything anymore.

My purpose now is to have the default removed. Do I go to a solicitor or the police - I do not know which type of solicitor would have experience dealing with this.

Please help me.

If it is a fraud issue then it will be the police. Do you know which solicitor was dealing with this for your ex? It may be possible to contact them to see if and when your name was removed. You should check with the Land Registry and mortgage company to ensure that your name has definitely been removed.

You say you singed something at the solicitors to get your name removed - have you got a copy if this and did you get any subsequent confirmation in writing that your name was removed?

You can contact the cred ref agency and ask them to mark the default as being in dispute while you get this looked into. From what you are saying I don't think the lender has done anything incorrectly though so it will really depend on pursuing your ex / his solicitors...