B/card **WON post OFT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone please advice what i do next it is the court that has applied the stay not BC. The court has given me 28 days to to apply to have this lifted.

But dont really want to have to pay out more money to get this done. Any advice please.

All advice given is without any liability and has been picked up from my own experiences.

Never give up hope - Life is to short.

if you have to pay for it add it to the final bill as i beleive as the oft sorted the £12 max charge it was all dealt with. but some courts are. hope it works if you have a look there is a thread about it and how to apply to get it removed.

Do you mean that Barclaycard did not apply for a stay?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

How did you file your claim? Did you use MCOL or did you fill in an N1 form and hand it in to the court?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Could you please tell me how you filed your claim (post #4).

Filed claim with MCOL who transfered the claim to my local court when BC decided to defend the case. My local court then sent out a letter to say that they would be staying the case until after the outcome of the OFT case.

All advice given is without any liability and has been picked up from my own experiences.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Many thanks for that, I have hand del a request to have the stay lifted and also sent an e mail to Barclaycards litigation dept at canary Wharf.

E Mail recieved back from B/Cards litigation dept

Dear *******,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your email.

Today I received an Order from the court dated 20th September, which has stayed your case pending the OFT test case in January.

As you may already be aware, Barclaycard is not included in the test case, so your case was wrongly stayed.

I will be contacting our accounts department at Barclaycard to verify your charges, and hopefully we will reach a satisfactory conclusion.

I am dealing with cases on a hearing date basis (which I deem to be the fairest way possible), but I should be contacting you again within the next two weeks.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Hopefully this may help other as well.

Hi I have been dealing with

Kate Ashton Legal Clerk

Tel: 0207 116 4664

Fax: 01452 638430

E-mail: katherine.ashton@barclays .com

Hope this helps

Bluewillow you are a star!!

I emailed Kate this morning and she sent a reply this evening to say that she isn't actually dealing with my claim but there is apparently a settlement letter on it's way!! Yippee

I guess that I will still need to attend court on Wednesday but just take a copy of the settlement letter with me.....

Many, many thanks

LS

Great news well done you. Hopefully they will settle before Weds so you wont have to go to court. You can always ask for a BACS payment into your bank account if your B/Card balance is clear, otherwise they will pay it straight on that.

I haven't used my Barclaycard for years and have no balance but strangely enough since I started this claim back in February I have been receiving monthly statements showing a zero balance, so I imagine they will pay it into there.... Not really bothered where the money goes, just very glad to have the end in sight on this one...

Thanks again...

LS

I haven't used my Barclaycard for years and have no balance but strangely enough since I started this claim back in February I have been receiving monthly statements showing a zero balance, so I imagine they will pay it into there.... Not really bothered where the money goes, just very glad to have the end in sight on this one...

Thanks again...

LS

Hi get them to send a cheque otherwise the sods will charge you the cash advance fee when you withdraw it. Have seen this happen on other threads.

dpick:)

Hi I have been dealing with

Kate Ashton Legal Clerk

Tel: 0207 116 4664

Fax: 01452 638430

E-mail: katherine.ashton@barclays .com

Hope this helps

Thanks for this Willow. My hearing date is 7 Nov but B/card are welcome to settle in full before that date if they wish. I may just put that to them. :)

Hi All

Barclaycard today paid £1522 into my bank so thats me finished with them 5 days from e mail to payment. See previous thread for details.

As you may already be aware, Barclaycard is not included in the test case, so your case was wrongly stayed.

That is EXCELLENT news, and thank you so much for giving a little ray of hope in those gloomy days. :-)

CONGRATS1.gif

Please don't forget to fill in the

survey, and if you can spare it, remember this site survives on donations (sadly drying out at the moment thanks to the stays! :rolleyes:)

Well done you.

:-D

PS: Threads merged.