Has anyone had a stay lifted yet?

sarahgore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a composite hearing on 12th October to consider lifting the stay on my and other cases due to hardship. I have been asked to submit skeleton arguments and copies of all relevant authorities relied on at least 7 days before the hearing. This apparently means details of any other cases where the stays have been lifted. If anyone knows of any and could give me details that would be great.

I think I know what to say in the skeleton argument but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Sarah:confused:

Hi, Sarah.

Don't know if this thread is much use to you, but have a read....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-stayed-pending-oft/111313-stay-lifted-eastbourne-county.html?highlight=lifted+stay

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have a look through the forum for stays and the bundle for stay hearings in the stickies:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-stayed-pending-oft/

copies of all relevant authorities relied on at least 7 days before the hearing. This apparently means details of any other cases where the stays have been lifted.

Not necessarily. In fact as most claims are heard in the small claims court these do not carry any authority at all and since claims are decided on the individual circumstances of each case, other cases may not have a bearing on the outcome of yours.

What is meant by authorities is statute or case law (ie high court or above) so if you are going to be arguing the Human Rights Act you need to submit a copy of that or if you are referring to the Overrididng objectives of the CPR you need a copy.

All the best

Zoot