DCA sending anonymous text messages

Under Siege
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got an anonymous text message from a DCA today-

quote - "Dear Mr xxxxx please call Mr xxxxx on xxxx xxxxxxxx as a matter of urgency"

Is this classed as anonymous as there is no company name and if so, I am sure this is against OFT guidlines.

Am I right?

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

OFT Guidelines Section 2 (UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE)

COMMUNICATION

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear, innacurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a) Use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court claims.

b) Leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors' lack of knowledge.

c) Those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the contact is.

etc.

;)

Thankyou for the info

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

No problem. sorry I didn't have time earlier to say more.

Do you actually know who these messages are coming from?

Full text of the OFT guidelines is here if you're interested:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/55579-oft-guidelines-debt-collection.html

Well worth a look: not too long, and it's not written in legalese!

Please post again if you have any other questions, and feel free to click my scales if you think I've helped!

;)

• Haha 1

I called the number and it went straight to a private voice mail - bizarre!!!

Debt Collection Charges

No there is no number just a "-" symbol the number for me to call is 01256 306793. Im going to try it again

Debt Collection Charges

I had one of them yesterday from MBNA, When I withheld my number and called them back all they said was "their name and credit card services" and I asked for which credit card, to which they responded MBNA to which I said Thank you very much Juust what I needed and you know I could hear the muppets trying to dictate to me about not paying my card, thing I hadnt given them any info they had no idea who I was lol!!

This Text said "I need to speak to you urgently can you call me on 01244 879094".

No Joy!

Ive been on hold for ages and Im not paying for the pleasure any more.

Debt Collection Charges