CCJ from Morrisons Supermarket ?????

chno9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This one is a bit strange, and am trying to find out what is best to do.

I have been checking my credit file recently and i noticed that i have a CCJ dating from 5th Nov 2003.

I have contacted the court who have told me the claimant is WM Morrisons! (more reasons to shop indeed) This apparently relates to a cheque that i presume bounced on the 13/02/2003? What!:confused:

The address that the debt is registered at is an old one, and at the time the judgement was served i was not living at the address.

The court have told me the solicitors that are acting for Morrisons are Graham White.

The amount i owe is not a lot, and i can pay this immediately, but i wanted to get some advice first. I would ideally like this removed from my credit file as i have never received anything regarding this, and i can't believe that they would do this over such a small amount.

Any ideas anyone???

Cheers

I had a feeling that that was the route to go down after reading around the subject.

Do you know how you do this? I am confused as to who i need to speak to first.

Do i speak to the court and attempt to have it set aside.

OR

Do i speak to the DCA, and see if they will agree to set this aside if i pay in full.

Your advice would be much apreciated.

Contact the court!

Why the heck would you pay a debt you dont owe?

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I can't remember receiving any letters etc, but it is possible that i do owe the debt. The account that the cheque came from is an old account of mine. But this has been closed for many years now.

I don't really know exactly how judgements are set aside, so was looking for some guidance.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Just looking for guidance on what i would need to do to get this ccj set aside.

My plan is to find out the procedure on getting a CCJ set aside. Once i have this i would hopefully like to go to the solicitors who are handling the debt and tell them i will pay the debt in full if they agree to have the CCJ set aside. IF they don't they can go whistle. They only have an old address and no one has contacted me regarding this ever.

What do people think??:confused:

Hi,

not something I have done, so not sure on this

Would imagine you get a N244 form (application form) and fill it in asking for judgement to be set aside as you were not at the address it was served to?

Anyone else know better?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

HI

I have been checking my credit file recently and there is a ccj there that i was completely unaware of. It was dated 5th Nov 2003.

After contacting the court (Northampton Bulk) it turns out that this was a cheque that bounced at WM Morrisons (the supermarket). The account that the cheque was from closed around the time of the problem, and i was totally unaware of the cheque not clearing.

I really do not recall any correspondance from Morrisons, or anyone acting on their behalf. In fact i had been living at a different address from July 1st 2003.

I would like to try and get this CCJ set aside so that i can pay this off in full, and have any trace of this wiped from my credit report.

Can anyone help with the way in which i can go about doing this, or offer advice if i have got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks

HI

I have been checking my credit file recently and there is a ccj there that i was completely unaware of. It was dated 5th Nov 2003.

After contacting the court (Northampton Bulk) it turns out that this was a cheque that bounced at WM Morrisons (the supermarket). The account that the cheque was from closed around the time of the problem, and i was totally unaware of the cheque not clearing.

I really do not recall any correspondance from Morrisons, or anyone acting on their behalf. In fact i had been living at a different address from July 1st 2003.

I would like to try and get this CCJ set aside so that i can pay this off in full, and have any trace of this wiped from my credit report.

Can anyone help with the way in which i can go about doing this, or offer advice if i have got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks

Fill out form N244 giving all of the details relating to your county court judgement and give a reason for having the judgement set aside.

Send off form N244 to the county court and ask that they acknowledge receipt of this form, this will normally be done in any case. Once you have received a receipt or confirmation that they have set the judgement aside you can then send this letter on to the credit reference agencies that have the county court judgement registered against you.

Until such time as a new hearing takes place, if indeed at all, then your record will be free of those county court judgements

Below link has more info for you. Basically a set aside puts the CCJ back to the 'claim' stage giving you the option to admit or defend etc... the original court papers would have been deemd served if posted to your last known address

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 12 How To Set Aside A Judgment In The County Court